Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin Half Marathon Sunday 30-03-2014

Options
  • 04-10-2013 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Signed up for the Berlin Half Marathon yesterday.

Anybody any tips to share on the event/city? Should I look for a hotel near the start?
    Will have a few days before and after the race so don't want to be too far from the city center/sights.

The start and finish area is located on Karl-Marx-Allee near the "Kino International" movie theatre (subway U5 to get off at "Schillingstrasse" or "Strausberger Platz").

It looks like they get up to 30k runners in this race, that sounds like an awesome crowd.
    I only got the running bug a few years ago and the biggest race I have under my belt is last year's DCM. My biggest fear is not being able to get through the heaving mass of bodies to find the start line.:eek:

Any info appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I stayed in a flat on Strausberger Platz for the marathon last week, it's very accessible. That cinema is only 500M or so from Alex Platz which is one of the biggest subway stations in Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

Jnealon wrote: »
    I stayed in a flat on Strausberger Platz for the marathon last week, it's very accessible. That cinema is only 500M or so from Alex Platz which is one of the biggest subway stations in Berlin.

Thanks Jnealon, I will check this out and I think I should take a look at the Berlin marathon thread for some more tips.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

glennbhoy wrote: »
    Cant wait

Best of luck folks on Sunday. Don't forget the suncream, 20c forecast!!!
    I am staying in Adina beside main train station. Excellent apartment, very clean, nice staff.
    Will try to get to Oscar Wilde pub on Sunday after the race.

SK.

Advertisement