Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Ham (Home) - 06-10-2013

Options
  • 04-10-2013 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

No changes from last week. I don't think anybody played their way in to the team after last night's match and I don't think we have any injuries.
    I've heard that Rose might be available again, but not sure if he will start. Naughton has been a bit suspect in the last few matches, but he haven't had a non-suspect full back since Steve Carr.

Lloris

Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Naughton

Dembele - Paulinho

Townsend - Eriksen - Siggy

Soldado

So far this season West Ham's away games have produced very few goals. They set up to defend. I expect a 1-0 home win.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

There a horrible little team, expect Nolan to be dry humping Llorris at corners and set pieces.

I remember when Big Sam was managing Bolton and they played us, from there kick off the entire midfield and forward line ran forward while it was punted. Similar to special teams in the NFL.

Fancy Townsend to play a blinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah I'm hoping Townsend can run them ragged and open up plenty of space. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sandro starting seeing as Dembele has played a lot recently. Outside that, and with the obvious inclusion of Rose if fit, I'd go with the team above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

yeah its steady as she goes

lamela to come on if we cant break them down for the last 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Surely Holtby has to be knocking on the door at this stage, I'd go with the same team provided Rose isn't fit but I'd like to see Holtby at some stage, also hopefully lamella can get a run and a goal.

Don't forget the Defoe factor, he always scores against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

The longer it goes without us scoring the harder it will be. I hate playing these type teams at home. If we can score early we should win very comfortably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I have Soldado as capt in my FF Team..
    Hoping he bangs in a few..
    When he does score, it'll be at least a brace!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

golfball37 wrote: »
    The longer it goes without us scoring the harder it will be. I hate playing these type teams at home. If we can score early we should win very comfortably.

Yep. It's all about the oppositions mindset. As long as it's 0-0, they will sit in with banks of 4 and 5, and hope they can keep us out and score from a set piece. We score early and they need to be more offensive which gives us more space when attacking.

We are due to smack someone at home, home win 3 zip ;) Soldado to get off the mark with a real goal

I'm hoping that once he scores in open play he'll start banging them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I've got this feeling too.

He's been unlucky so far. Bassong made to goal line clearances in the Norwich game. In the future the defenders won't be so lucky.

i see nothing wrong with what soldado is doing, i think he is playing very well

He has been involved in a lot of goals, he cant score them all but yeah i agree the longer it goes on without him scoring a few more then it begins to play on the mind

When he laid off the ball for the goal against chelsea it was very good play, defoe would have turned and just shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The West ham fan forums don't hold out much hope for their team against us,most of them are expecting a hammering,one guy said he's just glad it's still 0-0 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

mickman wrote: »
    i see nothing wrong with what soldado is doing, i think he is playing very well

He has been involved in a lot of goals, he cant score them all but yeah i agree the longer it goes on without him scoring a few more then it begins to play on the mind

When he laid off the ball for the goal against chelsea it was very good play, defoe would have turned and just shot

Yeah, Soldado although not scoring has been doing well. He's pulling defenses all out of shape and making space for Siggy and Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

The match is live in Mayes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Win more important now with Liverpool's victory today. They're starting to look like serious contenders for top 4. Shaping up to be one of the most competitive PL seasons for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

THFC wrote: »
    Win more important now with Liverpool's victory today. They're starting to look like serious contenders for top 4. Shaping up to be one of the most competitive PL seasons for a long time.

Maybe it's Rodgers brand new teeth, I'd imagine they glow at night like a lighthouse? He still has shítty lips. At the moment the league is a gaping hole. It's early days, but its shaping up to be an eventful season. The most in my memory, and my áss if old.

Still can't see the pool getting top 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Yeah, Everton have a better chance, Stronger squad

I dunno, they're showing great form, I reckon if they can cut out the stupid results, like at home to Southampton they'll do well. Up front they're arguably the strongest in the league so I wouldn't be surprised to see them up there towards the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Hope Soldado can get one or even two today, no injuries and win by the odd goal. Thats all I want. After saying that I have no objection to Spurs winning easy and wrapping it up early.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was gonna stay up for this, but the hour changed today and it's not on till later than though. Better wake up to us having won it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Defoe starts.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Defoe starts.

Good, he's deserved it. Nice to see that AVB considers effort and form, even if this isn't against one of the bigger teams. Players in good form should always be considered ahead of those who aren't, and although Soldado is in form, he's not scoring goals (I know he's assisting), which is mainly what he's there for.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Defoe starts.

yep, interesting move. Defoe deserves a start so lets see how he does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Team: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Naughton; Dembele, Paulinho; Townsend, Eriksen, Sigurdsson; Defoe

And our subs today

Friedel, Chiriches, Chadli, Holtby, Lamela, Sandro, Soldado

that is some bench - put kaboul / lennon and capoue there and you have a great team!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

good to see defoe start, hope he takes his chance

Very good stream on First Row Sports for anyone interested...

Very very sloppy passing from us so far, really poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

SuprSi wrote: »
    Very very sloppy passing from us so far, really poor.

Fairness to the hammers, they've set up very well and very astutely. Plenty of cover at the back, keeping it narrow coming out.

• Advertisement

True, and they're really pressuring us too, closing down very quickly.

Advertisement