Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Pudding - best in world

Options
  • 04-10-2013 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

http://www.leahs.ie/where-to-buy

Made in kerry, exceptionally tasty and less than 5% fat content - which means its a tasty low fat natural product.

About €3 a pop, but worth every single cent. - I challenge anyone to go back to a different white pudding after trying this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Black pudding or no pudding!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭jpb1974

best in world

You tried them all or a sweeping statement?
    I challenge anyone to go back to a different white pudding after trying this

And what if I do... pistols at dawn?

I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Annascaul White and Black make me want eat morrrrrrrrrree

http://www.annascaulblackpudding.com/

Also Kerry made, Annascaul to be precise !

The first person that says Clonakilty - there will be pistols at dawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Dermighty wrote: »
    Black pudding or no pudding!

Rudds white pudding is easily the nicest pudding out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Kellys pudding from westport is to die for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭jpb1974

foodaholic wrote: »
    Kellys pudding from westport is to die for

Honestly, I was highly disappointed with it. I was told the same elsewhere and sourced it, but thought it was very average.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

Just had Jack McCarthy's black and white with a big fry up...HEAVEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

try Leah's and see what you think - its quite different. They also do Black Pudding.

The difference is in ingredients (blend of spices, garlic, ginger, chillies & herbs) and quality of ingredients and the extremely low fat content - 4.19% for white and 3.7% for black. Considering most commercial puddings are 12% to 20%, its a huge health benefit too and an alternative to fatty sausages.

I came across it in Kerry during the summer and a couple of weeks ago local store Kildare farm Foods starting selling it and dare I say it, but I think its even better than Nolan's of Kilcullen.

If you come across it, try it. Its also supporting a small artisan business.

sandin wrote: »
    try Leah's and see what you think - its quite different. They also do Black Pudding.

The difference is in ingredients (blend of spices, garlic, ginger, chillies & herbs) and quality of ingredients and the extremely low fat content - 4.19% for white and 3.7% for black. Considering most commercial puddings are 12% to 20%, its a huge health benefit too and an alternative to fatty sausages.

I came across it in Kerry during the summer and a couple of weeks ago local store Kildare farm Foods starting selling it and dare I say it, but I think its even better than Nolan's of Kilcullen.

If you come across it, try it. Its also supporting a small artisan business.

Anyone would think you had shares in it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Clonakilty! Bring on the pistols! :D And no, I'm not from Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

De Roíste from Ballingeary, fine stuff. Used to like Rudds but I have a new favourite.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I had Kelly's today and I loved it - probably because of the gentle flavour. I don't like very spicy/peppery pudding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone would think you had shares in it ;)

someone else said that too - then they tasted it! :P

I assure you - zero shares, zero connection,! but I do like when people have the guts to start out on their own and like to support small producers who put quality above everything else.

I'll also say Skelligs Chocolates are sublime too - must be something in the kerry air!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,356 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I worked with an English guy who holidayed regularly in Dingle. He genuinely believed that white pudding was a blood sausage like black pudding but that they red corpuscles were removed from the blood so that it was colourless!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 yer wan

When did it become popular to put barley in white pudding? It absolutely ruins it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

CJhaughey wrote: »
    De Roíste from Ballingeary, fine stuff. Used to like Rudds but I have a new favourite.

Ballyvourney I think ;) love Rudds too but tried De Roiste for the first time this week and it is divine! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

yer wan wrote: »
    When did it become popular to put barley in white pudding? It absolutely ruins it!
    Disagreed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I find most white pudding I've tried has white pepper in it, which tastes like sh!te.

Black pudding is generally nicer, imo.

Advertisement