Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Someone bought a €100 worth of points on my account!

Options
  • 04-10-2013 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Just saw a Paypal email this morning seeing I gave Microsoft almost €100 for FIFA points!

I have sole access to the console, no kids and I don't even own f**king FIFA.

Anyone has an appropriate number for Microsoft I can ring? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

I work for xbox support.

If you HAVE an account. Contact Xbox customer support
    1. Have your console ID or serial number handy as it will be asked for
    2. For the agent to get access to your account they'll send a verification message to an email address on file or an SMS to phone number on file. This is so they can get access to the billing history and relay any information to you. So have your email open or phone in hand

If you DON'T HAVE an account. Contact your financial institution.

Also commerce.microsoft.com will show all billing history to yourself if you want to have a look at that

http://support.xbox.com/en-ie/contact-us

Go through the strings here and you'll get a call soon.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Just for starters are you sure that the email is in fact from PayPal, there are some pretty decent fakes going around at the moment.

Obviously if this is real te first Thung you need to do is change your PayPal password, I would personally be doing it with every other password for every other account you have as well.

Use this form to get in contact Microsoft. http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/contact-us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Thanks.

It is real, I logged into my Paypal and saw the transaction. All Paypal details are now changed on my account and I have sent in an unauthorised transaction claim to Paypal.

When I checked the email account linked to my xbox I saw Microsoft emails detailing the purchases. Time to ring Microsoft Support.

Paypal have reversed the charge already. Just getting onto MS now.

Microsoft have taken all my serial id, console id info and blocked the account until they investigate.

Apparently there are 2 consoles linked to my account with the other f**ker playing FIFA14 this morning and buying loads of points.

Good thing I caught it early. MS are investigating but until then my I'm blocked from Live. Other console will probably be banned. I definitely have never logged into any other console other than this, this is my first and only 360 and I have never logged into a friends console.

Microsoft and Paypal were very swift though, great customer service! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hopefully the scumbag gets a console and account ban at the very least.

Makes you wonder how they got your password ? Was it short and easily guessed at?

Wasn't very easily guessable. Was an Irish townland with a number appended to it. Mix of uppercase and lowercase. My address with MS is my Limerick one, the townland is my parent's place.

The support guy did say that a console ban would be highly likely once they get through their investigation.

They promised to ring me back in a few days with an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Fair play for moving so fast, good advice from the second poster too.

Advertisement