Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't switch character after online update!!

• 04-10-2013 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

Anyone else having this? Downloaded the update the day it came out for online, went in to online, did the 1st intro mission, game froze when I completed it so I dashboarded it, went back in and kept getting the servers unavailable error, said I'd leave it a few days and go back and keep doing my Strangers and Freaks missions while they sort the servers out. So now I'm Michael, with absolutely F/A to do and can't switch characters anymore. Any time I hold the down button the map just zooms out. Most frustrating thing ever now having downloaded the online update to play that, I end up not being able to play online and now can't even switch characters in the game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Did you try deleting the update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

No because if I do that, won't it try update each time I turn the Xbox back on? And if I decline the update then the Xbox won't let me get online which means I can't chat to mates or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Try deleting it and installing it again.

It will only affect GTA not Live, you can still sign into Live.

Makaveli wrote: »
    Try deleting it and installing it again.

It will only affect GTA not Live, you can still sign into Live.

Oh I thought Xbox didn't let you online at all if there was an update pending! Will give that a go, cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Iano_128 wrote: »
    Oh I thought Xbox didn't let you online at all if there was an update pending! Will give that a go, cheers :)

Why am I not getting prompted about this update on X-Box live? :confused:

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Why am I not getting prompted about this update on X-Box live? :confused:

Try go in to the pause menu and go over to the online option and see if it's there.. If you can get in, it means it is updated..

Advertisement