Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCS weird letter?

Options
  • 04-10-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭

Got a POSTOGRAM MESSAGE posted from a company called M.C.S. Today to my parents address.
    Haven't lived there for over 13 years and never use that address for anything bar deliveries on occasion.

They asking me to contact them.

Meridian Contact Services:
    17 Upper Pembrook Street, Dublin 2
    01-8787888
    Lucy Locas

00353-1-8787888

Found some weird stuff about them online but does anyone know a anything about them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01698303111/5

Debt Collectors on Behalf of Royal Bank of Scotland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Very interesting reading about this company, contacting people thought Facebook, pretending to be looking for an address for a delivery but are really debt collectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01698303111/5

Debt Collectors on Behalf of Royal Bank of Scotland ?

Weird never with BOS.

Seems dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

A few other companies were mentioned online too.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    A few other companies were mentioned online too.

I don't owe money to anyone except my own bank and that's all good. I never has a credit card with anyone else and I never had and utilities in my name. The fact it went to my parents house that I haven't lived in ages so it seems dodgy to me.

Going to get them to bin it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I'd ring them. Just don't give any info. Would be interesting to see what they want. And then post back and let us all know ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I don't owe money to anyone except my own bank and that's all good. I never has a credit card with anyone else and I never had and utilities in my name. The fact it went to my parents house that I haven't lived in ages so it seems dodgy to me.

Going to get them to bin it.

DON'T bin it! I had somethnig similar it was relating to an old outstanding ESB Bill, it turned out it was for a bill dated a year AFTER I moved out. I quickly got it sorted and they moved on to the current tenant. It might be something simple like that.

Bining it will only bring them on you more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Ignoring it could cause problems at a later stage.

Contact them, find out what it is about and sort it out - possibly there's wrong info out there on you (could be someone with same name and they have attached your old address to it by accident) or something very small. If not checked out it possibly could affect credit standings and if you don't believe you owe anything, you've nothing to lose!

Ok called them.

They knew a bit about my history like where I lived when in college. Nearly 20 years ago.

Knew my parents address asked for DOB and they were way out.

Told them my age and seems they reckon it's a different person or someone who used my name.

They told me to bin the letter and forget it and apologised for any inconvienece.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

ciaran76 wrote: »
    They told me to bin the letter and forget it and apologised for any inconvienece.

No harm to ask them for that in writing or as an email just in case it crops up again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement