Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitors Fees

Options
  • 04-10-2013 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,
    I just got a quote from a solicitor and am wondering if it is reasonable. I haven't a clue how much it should be. I am caught time wise for shopping around so would be great if I could save myself the time and get a few opinions here. If anyone has experience of how much fees should be for self build mortgage legal costs and transfer of site from parent to child. I have full breakdown of costs if this is too vague.

Thanks a million, would really appreciate any feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

€1,800-€2,200

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

shop around - get 3 quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I'm paying 1000 euro + vat + fees (which will be the same whoever you go with). This is for the exact same as you too … site transfer and self build mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Site transfer cost me 250+vat +fees (stamp duty, death Certs to remove right of ways, folio costs etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Mine cost 600 euro plus vat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 minnnie

We transferred a site from parent to child last November before the land registry fees increased.
    For everything it cost us EUR1500
    The quote for mortgage draw down was EUR620.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ScarletFeather

Thanks everyone for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

A quote I received in August (only one I have to hand right now) breaks down as follows:

Purchase of a second hand house

Professional Fees: 900 + VAT
    Searches on Title/deed of transfer: 70 to 90
    Land registry fees:
    Registration of transfer 600
    Mortgage registration 175
    Certified copy of folio 6.00

Other quotes ranged from 800 to 1200 for professional fees excl VAT. - I rang about 5 practices. Some added extra fees for paper, stamps, calls etc. not counted in the professional fees others had an all in price.

Valuation by bank 80
    Engineer Survey (check planning permissions, boundary of site, visual inspection) 399 incl VAT - quotes ranged from 350 to 600

Advertisement