Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5s sensor problems

• 04-10-2013 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

The story about the 5S having gyro accuracy issues seem to be gaining some legs.
    http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/10/iphone-5s-users-reporting-problems-with-the-phones-motion-sensors/
    It's even made the daily mail :rolleyes:
    Have any boardsies with a 5s got issues with their sensors?
    Does it read 0 on a flat surface or is it off a few degrees?
    It's hard to tell just how widespread it is, I'm sure most users rarely even look at the compass and gyro so wouldn't notice it right away.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

To follow up myself, I can report that my Canadian 5S has no errors, the level reads 0 on flat surface on both edges.
    Lying on it's back is -1 but that's not too bad, I'm sure my tables are not perfectly flat.
    Seems it may all be a bit overblown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

dloob wrote: »
    To follow up myself, I can report that my Canadian 5S has no errors, the level reads 0 on flat surface on both edges.
    Lying on it's back is -1 but that's not too bad, I'm sure my tables are not perfectly flat.
    Seems it may all be a bit overblown.

Sounds like an error to me... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

username?! wrote: »

Is it -1 degree? If so if hardly call that an error. It's a feature on a phone. If you want something that will be accurate to the minute of a degree then I think you need to buy a calibrated laser level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

username?! wrote: »

Well I can't guarantee the surface is perfectly level, I imagine it's most sensitive in that position as a larger part of the phone is in contact with the surface.
    I've tried my old android phone lying in the same position and it also reads it as off by about -1.

Advertisement