Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smaller Scart?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

That 90 degree connector should offer an improvement. A 'standard' connector protrudes about 5 cm from the socket & looking at that one, I would say it's more like 2 cm protrusion.

Sometimes on a scart lead you can undo the collar and be left with just the metal bit and that'd fit!
    depends on the cable tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

urbanledge wrote: »
    Sometimes on a scart lead you can undo the collar and be left with just the metal bit and that'd fit!
    depends on the cable tho.

I already removed the full plastic connector to just leave the metal connector and the wires, I taped them up and plugged it in but there is a slight green colour on the screen now that really annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I already removed the full plastic connector to just leave the metal connector and the wires, I taped them up and plugged it in but there is a slight green colour on the screen now that really annoys me.
    There is usually a loose tag that sits next to the metal shroud, I think its a screen/earth part of the cable. That may not be connecting so giving poor screening and so that green tinge. You could try soldering it
    Or one of the other pins may not be connecting properly.
    Or a short between some of the cables or some bleed/crosstalk.

But yes that is probably the best way to deal with that scart. The bulky covers are usually just plastic so no screening, so of little use. Try hackng a decent screened cable, these days they are so cheap and plentiful, chopping up a few is of little concern, and they are on the way out.
    Never understood what idiot engineers in TV manufacture decided an outward facing scart socket on an LCD tv was sensible. D'uh
    In fact any outward facing connector makes little sense.
    Can ruin a perfectly good tele.

Most newer tvs with scart use a scart adapter connector that goes some way to dealing wit these awkward cables

Advertisement