Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge Manor Hotel

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

RayCon wrote: »
    Wow ... between the complete lack of advertising in the Celbridge area and bad reports from early users ... it's not exactly a positive re-opening for the Setanta.

Can't say Im eager to go explore based on what I'm reading in this thread.

I was looking forward to trying somewhere new locally, think I'll wait till I hear better reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Nearly 4,000 likes on Facebook so far so that sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

To say that I will not be going back in a hurry is an UNDERSTATEMENT.
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Danpad

It probably had 20,000 likes in the real world from Celbridge locals but that doesn't change the fact that so far the reviews aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Joe Public wrote: »
    Nearly 4,000 likes on Facebook so far so that sounds good.

They've paid for a sponsored spot on Facebook. Most studies show that Facebook likes do not equal money, e.g. I've liked it on Facebook but given all the reports I've heard so far are poor I won't be in any rush to spend any money there, so I don't know if that's anything more than lazy promoting / advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Danpad

2ndcoming wrote: »
    They've paid for a sponsored spot on Facebook. Most studies show that Facebook likes do not equal money, e.g. I've liked it on Facebook but given all the reports I've heard so far are poor I won't be in any rush to spend any money there, so I don't know if that's anything more than lazy promoting / advertising.

That's it in a nutshell. It's a sad sign of the times when people resort to proclaiming that something is liked on Facebook, therefore it must be great. The hotel has an opportunity to really establish itself and become a success. Here's hoping that the initial awful comments are just a result of teething problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GearoidsMissus

Delighted to see this lovely old building back in use again. I'm really showing my age here as I have very fond memories of it when it was owned by the WALSH family in the early 1980s! Father-and-son team Frank and John Walsh ran it for quite a while and then suddenly disappeared from the scene. No idea why.

Really hope it's a success as we badly need a nice hotel in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

The Website has gone live now
    Impressive looking website, but still teething problems. When I was messing around I could book B&B for 2 people for €62 per night. Can't book anything now, not even the opening offer of €178 for 2 nights B&B with dinner. Expedia have the rate at €79 per room per night for 2 people which is good.

Some of the food pricing is up, they have priced the lunch menu in the restaurant on a par with Finnstown house (€27). The menu looks excellent but it needs to be very special to compete with Finnstown.

The wedding brochure is also excellent and pricing is not cheap but competitive.

Advertisement