Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manual treadmill

Options
  • 04-10-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

ok i have free time available to me now most afternoons, but as im minding my son i cant be out of the house, was thinking of treadmill so i can get something done during this time but dont want to make it a big investment
    does anyone here have/run on a manual treadmill and are they any use at all..
    not gonna spend big money on a motorised one but dont want to waste money on something that turns out to be useless either ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

How much you willing to spend? There are good 2nd hand motorized ones to be had for small money..I picked up a Proform treadie,16k speed,electric incline,large deck,foldable when not in use,20 hrs on the clock,for €300

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

nah 300 too much for me, thanks ..
    manuals available new for 80, but judging from the lack of reaction to this i guess no one runs on them .. turbo trainer for the winter it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

From another angle,is your son small enough to go in a buggy? Go for a jog and bring him with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mylifetoday

imo... manual treadies are useless and a waste of money. I have both manual and motorised... My wife and daughter used the manual for a while but found that getting a constant rthym ?going was too difficult. Having tried it myself(I have a back problem) I tend to agree with them. It's difficult to get started and maintain pace. Advice from JohnnyCrash excellent suggestions.... run/jog with the buggy or wait until after Christmas and checkout Argos for cheapest motorised treadmill. Wait until mar/april and you'll get a bargain like Johnny did.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

dont disagree, wanted it for winter idealy, but not gonna buy a manual and waste money on it,

• Advertisement
Advertisement