Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charged twice for aldi purchase

Options
  • 04-10-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was at Aldi's yesterday and my acct was charged twice. My car ins pymt is due and I'm afraid it will bounce. Can some one please email me, I have no credit. I will email you back my number. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Bank of Ireland: Michelle

Hi Ssamcd, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to boards. 

Firstly, the best thing to do would be to contact the retailer, Aldi, to double check that you were in fact charged twice. If a card payment is cancelled or voided at a point of sale after we have authorised it, it will take five working days to correct on the system and be removed from your account. This can also occur if the retailer requests that you enter your PIN a second time.

If you were charged twice and you do not have enough funds to cover your car insurance payment, give the insurance provider a call and ask them can they postpone your direct debit or push it out to another date. Another option, would be to call into your local branch to explain the situation and ask that it is taken into account if or when the direct debit is presented. 

As we don't have account access here, we would be unable to resolve this for you. 

Thanks
    Michelle 

Advertisement