Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4 pack coke and 4 pack crunchie: €2 & half price weetabix : Dunnes Stores

• 04-10-2013 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭

Todays Friday Fever (or whatever you call it) deal in Dunnes is a 4 pack of crunchies and a 4 pack of cans of coke/diet coke/coke zero for €2. Not a bad offer I think.

Also 48 pack of Weetabix down to €2.91

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

lindtee wrote: »

Also 48 pack of Weetabix down to €2.91 - Not sure is that a Friday offer or a weekly offer but there's no mention of it on the site.

The weetabix offer has been running since last week so is not specific to today.

Are you referring to cans or bottles for the coke offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

zarquon wrote: »
    The weetabix offer has been running since last week so is not specific to today.

Are you referring to cans or bottles for the coke offer?

Sorry, should have mentioned that it was the cans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Does the Dunnes Friday specials ever appear on the 'net, apart from boardsies posting it here?

I looked at their fairly anaemic website and can't see it anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Does the Dunnes Friday specials ever appear on the 'net, apart from boardsies posting it here?

They always put an ad in the Metro Herald, and you can get the online version here. Slightly tedious though.

Here's their ad from today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Todays Friday Fever (or whatever you call it) deal in Dunnes is a 4 pack of crunchies and a 4 pack of cans of coke/diet coke/coke zero for €2. Not a bad offer I think.

Thanks, Lindtee! You do seem to have a knack of finding these sweet deals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The worst website on the world wide web imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

welkin wrote: »
    Thanks, Lindtee! You do seem to have a knack of finding these sweet deals!
    If only there was a thread on the PROC where I could find these bargains :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

vicwatson wrote: »
    The worst website on the world wide web imo

I've actually emailed them asking them to put up what meat and veg deals their doing on a given week like every other supermarket does and I got no response from them. I'm usually not one for emailing companies but their website is simply terrible. In contrast to Tesco where if you sign up online you can find out the price of every single item they have.
    When you're actually in Dunnes and follow the offers you can get much better value than in Tesco and Supervalu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

I can never find it on the internet either, It's the Friday radio ads (I listen to today FM in Car) or here that I see the offer.

I took full advantage of this offer earlier 16 cokes and 16 crunchies (max 4 deals per person) I reasoned with myself that the crunchies would be for Halloween callers, well we're 2 down on the crunchies - I don't think they'll last till Halloween.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

ROY RACE wrote: »
    If only there was a thread on the PROC where I could find these bargains :p

Don't worry Roy I'm on my way back.

Couldn't register for ages as admin has it blocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

I've actually emailed them asking them to put up what meat and veg deals their doing on a given week like every other supermarket does and I got no response from them. I'm usually not one for emailing companies but their website is simply terrible. In contrast to Tesco where if you sign up online you can find out the price of every single item they have.
    When you're actually in Dunnes and follow the offers you can get much better value than in Tesco and Supervalu.

I worked there a few years ago and spoke with a few managers about their attitude to competition. They regard TESCO as the competition, and seem to think ALDI and LIDL are just some flash in the pan distraction who will fade away soon. Really ancient IT systems - 4 years ago they were still using DOS based accounting and employee managment software.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dunnes seem to spend most of their advertising in newspapers & radio.
    If they diverted this to online, they'd be competing effectively with competitors
    They don't seem to get that there is a huge chunk of the population who are internet savvy and look for all information online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Fantastic Fridays :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 figgisp

I use this site and get an email to my inbox every week with each of the supermarkets special offers, really handy to scan before you go to do your shopping or simply to search out best deals. I'll admit the Dunnes ones is useless but its good for the other major stores.

http://www.thriftypages.ie/

Anyone know what today's offer is? Website has nothing posted as usual!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Yes.

Care to expand, s'il vous plait?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

snubbleste wrote: »
    Yes.

Excellent, thanks for that

Advertisement