Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can efibre supply 50MG speeds ?

Options
  • 04-10-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

I'll will probably be upgrading to efibre in November . As an existing customer it's free to upgrade & I'll actually be paying the same which is a helpful bonus . Just for the craic if went onto Sky to see what they were providing . I chose the switch over option . It asked me to enter my eircom landline number & account number to check the setup . It delivered me back the following speed which I'd be able to get . 11.27MG . Now I'm beginning to wonder if the lines are actually setup in my area ( Ashbourne , Co. Meath ) to provide me with the service eircom are advertising . Or is it a case that this is the best Sky can provide , from their website they don't seem to say exactly what speeds they can provide , only what limits they have .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭swoofer

lenny who are you with at present?  I am with VF and my bill dropped 18 euro a month.

To get efibre you need to be within 1000metres of the new cabinets and the speed is as usual shown as up to 70mb but the reality is different.  I am at just over 800mtres and I get 39mb down and 8mb up but I know line is capped at 50mb at present and even if it was set at up to 70m I would still get 39mb.

The sky is for adsl and not fibre so if you can get 11mb at present then when you get fibre it will be good.   Sky are like the rest,  up to but can be a lot less.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    lenny who are you with at present?  I am with VF and my bill dropped 18 euro a month.

To get efibre you need to be within 1000metres of the new cabinets and the speed is as usual shown as up to 70mb but the reality is different.  I am at just over 800mtres and I get 39mb down and 8mb up but I know line is capped at 50mb at present and even if it was set at up to 70m I would still get 39mb.

The sky is for adsl and not fibre so if you can get 11mb at present then when you get fibre it will be good.   Sky are like the rest,  up to but can be a lot less.

I'm with eircom NGB . I think the cabinet may be within that distance you said , I've seen them working on it at the end of my estate . Yeah forgot that it's two different setups , Adsl and Vdsl ?? Some good points raised there about the cap limits . I'll wait to see how it's rolled out here after 30/10 .

Cheers man !

Advertisement