Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of pallet storage in cork

Options
  • 04-10-2013 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Anyone any idea of the cost of storing pallets(commercial) in cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Might be interested in this also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

It depends on the volume I suppose but around €2.50 per week is around right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

They may charge for movement in and out. So if you have 26 standard GKN's it will be 26X (€x for inwards +€x storage per week + €x for exit).

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

ssbob wrote: »
    Anyone any idea of the cost of storing pallets(commercial) in cork?

Hello ssbob,

If you are looking for a top of the range service, I would recommend to contact O'Connell's - Bosco Creed (bosco@oconnellgroup.ie) and give him an idea of your requirements, volumes etc. Important to know ;

- Full pallets in /out or breakdown / order pick required ?
    - How many SKU's or part numbers do you carry
    - Level of activity - how many movements per day/week in and/or out

€ 2.50 per pallet per week is a realistic amount (I am sure you can do better, but it would really depends on how sophisticated your requirements are)

Alternatives would be Prompto Despatch or MCD Transport

Also, who is bringing the pallets in for you at the moment (I am assuming they are being imported) They may be a good place to start. It would likely save on the transportation costs and to them it would be adding value to existing business.

If any of the above suggestions do not meet your requirements, drop me a PM and we can have another look for you

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement