Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query

Options
  • 04-10-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have both a BOI current account and BOI credit card. My current account has a direct debit to pay my credit card bills. Recently, my credit card bill came and I see from my online banking that it was declined as it didn't seem to go through. This was despite having sufficient funds in my current account. I was then stung with €10 charge on interest. I just think that this is all unfair and that I am being robbed. I then called BOI credit card helpline and spend about €5 in call charges waiting to get through to someone whose only advice was that it has nothing to do with BOI credit card, and to "sort it out with BOI current account". I am left exasperated and seriously thinking of switching to PTSB. Please help me with regards my issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Good afternoon kaji,

We do not have account access here to check the exact status of why your direct debit was declined. If you had sufficient funds on the day that the direct debit was requested, there should be no reason it did not go through.

It would sometimes give a reason on your credit card statement showing a reason it was returned unpaid. The most common reasons would be refer to drawer so you would need to contact the current account or returned no instruction means the direct debit is not set up on the branch side.

You could call your branch directly to discuss or alternatively  you can use the Online Service Desk through Banking 365 by selecting the "Ask a question" from the drop down.

I hope this helps and you get this resolved asap.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Good afternoon kaji,

We do not have account access here to check the exact status of why your direct debit was declined. If you had sufficient funds on the day that the direct debit was requested, there should be no reason it did not go through.

It would sometimes give a reason on your credit card statement showing a reason it was returned unpaid. The most common reasons would be refer to drawer so you would need to contact the current account or returned no instruction means the direct debit is not set up on the branch side.

You could call your branch directly to discuss or alternatively  you can use the Online Service Desk through Banking 365 by selecting the "Ask a question" from the drop down.

I hope this helps and you get this resolved asap.
    Thanks
    Linda
    Good afternoon,

I'll use the online service desk.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement