Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Subway Cork Road

Options
  • 04-10-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

I see the Subway signs up on Cork Road, opposite Dunphy's Shop.

Any idea when opening?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

eagerv wrote: »
    I see the Subway signs up on Cork Road, opposite Dunphy's Shop.

Any idea when opening?

Another one, that makes 4 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

Cabaal wrote: »
    Another one, that makes 4 right?

Had to look up their website to see where two of them were! I have only seen Ardkeen but never eaten there. I must be going around with my eyes closed!

Have to admit, their breakfast subs look tasty and good value. Location of new shop should be good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

I asked the the fellas when the sign was going up and they said 5-6 weeks.

This is crazy as im just 9 months pregnant and have had a mad craving the last 5 months and now im going off them....

... I also live less then 5 minutes walk from Manor Village

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

Hate subway with their mock butter and their rubber buns,
    food is rank,
    the spar shop next door have much nicer food with a top class deli.

Thanks for the heads-up.
    Never eaten in one in Ireland but abroad they are pretty good.

The Spar shop which I use regularly is now a Centra..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

billywilly wrote: »
    Hate subway with their mock butter and their rubber buns,
    food is rank,
    the spar shop next door have much nicer food with a top class deli.

lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

There's three here now and it's still pretty difficult to get a White Choc and Macadamia Cookie, will having another make it more easier???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I've never seen any type of butter type spead in Subway...ever.

i hate butter on toasted sandwiches, love it on everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭tosspot15

Pretty sure butter is the last thing you'd want to put on a subway sub. Its not your typical sandwich place I suppose.
    But there's always one clueless person in the queue for the first time that hasnt a notion how to order or whats actually nice.
    Ham and butter please......:o plain white bread.

i like me sambos with real butter and brennans bread and i love me crusty blaas from hickeys bakery. Subway would never beat that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Has it opened and all now or is it still being done up?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

deise_girl wrote: »
    Has it opened and all now or is it still being done up?

Still being done up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I honestly don't get why Subway are so popular. Overpriced, tasteless, cardboard food. Wouldn't fill a sparrow.

Eaten there twice and each time was a bitter disappointment.

Ah well, I suppose it's good news on the job front anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I honestly don't get why Subway are so popular. Overpriced, tasteless, cardboard food. Wouldn't fill a sparrow.

Eaten there twice and each time was a bitter disappointment.

Ah well, I suppose it's good news on the job front anyway.

No, No, No.

Veggie patty foot long with Italian herbs and cheese please.

Yes, grilled please.

No, just normal cheese please.

Yes please, I would like lettuce, red onion pickles and jalapeños please.

That's lovely thanks.

Yes please, sweet onion please.

Thanks.

If I've said that once, I've said it a thousand times.

Long Live Subway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭tosspot15

Italian BMT on Spicy Herbs & Cheese bread.
    6inch
    Normal cheese
    toasted ye
    Lettuce, olives, pickles, jalapenos, onions,
    Southern sauce please.
    thnx m8

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I thought I was the only person in the world who ate veggie patty!!

Veggie patty 6" long with Italian herbs and cheese please.

double cheese

toasted

peppers , pickles, red onion and sweetcorn

honey mustard sauce

tosspot15 wrote: »
    Italian BMT on Spicy Herbs & Cheese bread.
    6inch
    Normal cheese
    toasted ye
    Lettuce, olives, pickles, jalapenos, onions,
    Southern sauce please.
    thnx m8

Id say your arse would do some singing after that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I go for the footlong 9-grain honey thing... BMT, with regular cheese, lettuce, red onion and BBQ sauce!

It's an acquired taste!

I do love Subway, I have been on a health kick for the last while and treat myself to a sub every now and again. Surely better for you than a chipper or McD's.

I do wonder how somewhere the size of Waterford can sustain 4 of them though. Then again, they don't allow franchises to open up without a ton of market research into footfall, etc first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I do wonder how somewhere the size of Waterford can sustain 4 of them though. Then again, they don't allow franchises to open up without a ton of market research into footfall, etc first.

i was thinking about this and we have 4 subway, 2 mcdonalds , 1 burger king and 1 kfc...

i really wish burger king would open a drive thru somewhere on the cork road its to hard to get parking for the one in town

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Love Subway for something a little different in terms of sandwiches. I'm a basic sub man though, just turkey & ham with plain & spicy cheese on an Italian Herb & Cheese. I'd say this new Subway is aimed at the student population a bit (college wise). The one out in Ardkeen gets some secondary school students but the general population / workers in the area / hospital goers. The one in the centre of town just gets the flow of people in town while the one on John St gets a mixed bag of students and then the general club goers in the evenings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Footlong Italian BMT on a plain sub with everything except carrot on it. Nice drizzle of honey and mustard sauce to top it off.

I see they are open. Went in this morning, but a queue waiting.. so went to Centra nextdoor instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

eagerv wrote: »
    I see they are open. Went in this morning, but a queue waiting.. so went to Centra nextdoor instead!

better grub too. and less expensive, The last time I went to subway I felt like I had been robbed. I went in for one of those deals that they had for 4 euro, thats a drink and a roll, they didnt have the deal so out of foolishness I ordered something and paid for a half roll of ****e for 4euro30. i was still starvin after it, i had to eat 10 packets of meanies to stop the starvation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

i was still starvin after it, i had to eat 10 packets of meanies to stop the starvation

Should probably change your username so...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Teething problems as there slow to prepare subs! Nice sized store, biggest in Waterford anyway! Drinks from the machine, very fancy one, are Pepsi, Club Orange and 7up. No coke or fanta.

Sully wrote: »
    Teething problems as there slow to prepare subs! Nice sized store, biggest in Waterford anyway! Drinks from the machine, very fancy one, are Pepsi, Club Orange and 7up. No coke or fanta.

Just about to say no coke in there :-( nice place though very roomy!

Just about to say no coke in there :-( nice place though very roomy!

Its a Subway wide change. No more Coca Cola. :\

One of the nicest Subways I have seen around Ireland and those in the UK (the UK have big subways). Good work. I assume by now the slowness has been ironed out anyway.

Sully wrote: »
    Its a Subway wide change. No more Coca Cola. :\

One of the nicest Subways I have seen around Ireland and those in the UK (the UK have big subways). Good work. I assume by now the slowness has been ironed out anyway.

I thought the fella was fast enough in there!!! Il be going back, although getting my coke in centra first ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 piterkeane

Somebody know lads what opening hours are there during the week??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dzejn111

open from 7am till 10pm

Advertisement