Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken power button.

• 04-10-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

The power/lock button is broke on my 5. My warranty is up at the end of this month so I want to get it fixed. Would I be correct in saying that I can go up to the Apple store in Belfast and get it fixed for free?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭karbonkoncepts

just ring apple and they will send you out a new one by courier and the courier will take away the old one, the power button is a known defect with the 5 along with the volume buttons, just had mine replaced for the second time in a year last week.. its a great service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

just ring apple and they will send you out a new one by courier and the courier will take away the old one, the power button is a known defect with the 5 along with the volume buttons, just had mine replaced for the second time in a year last week.. its a great service
    You're forgetting the little fact that you have to provide a credit or debit card to put a hold of €500/€600 and pay €29 for the service as well.

It's only free if you send yours back first but you should have a replacement by the same day next week. If the op is close to Belfast it would be a much better option to get it replaced. Think you might have to book an appointment with them first so ring the store to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't have a credit card unfortunately so the courier is out of the question I guess. I'm in Dundalk, so Belfast is only 40mins from me. I'll give them a ring tomorrow so.

Apple cover the courier costs but if you don't have a cc. They send a box and prepaid envelope for ups. You box the phone and ring ups to collect it.

I got a 5 replaced this week. Was collected Wednesday afternoon last week and I had the replacement by 12 this Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Hmm, I might to the prepaid UPS version so. Although I don't know how I'll live without a smartphone for a week! ha. I just ring up Apple so to request a repair?

• Advertisement

Yeah you can ring them or go support.apple.com and chat with someone there to get the repair started

• Registered Users Posts: 47 prf

Correct me if I'm wrong,but under the consumer laws in Ireland is the retailer not responsible for the warranty work in this case?

prf wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong,but under the consumer laws in Ireland is the retailer not responsible for the warranty work in this case?

Yes but apple will also replace it under the manufacturers warranty. Given the choice would you rather be 1 week or 2+ weeks without the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

is there any reason they could find that would allow them not to repair it or send out a new one? I think they're not repairing mine on cosmetic grounds, the pictures they sent me won't show up so I have to check it tomorrow. I'll be gutted, seeing as everyone's getting theirs looked after!

OSI wrote: »
    I would imagine if you sent them one that has obviously had physical damage (been dropped, knocked etc) they'd argue that it's no longer their problem.

thought as much, it has a scrape on it! I'm going to be cheeky to customer service and chance my arm, wish me luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

diograis wrote: »
    thought as much, it has a scrape on it! I'm going to be cheeky to customer service and chance my arm, wish me luck

Don't worry, they can see the picture that you were sent too.

kensutz wrote: »
    Don't worry, they can see the picture that you were sent too.

well i cant, wish they would share it with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Have you been sent an email with an attachment? If you get in touch with AppleCare they may be able to resend the pic to you.

effort? ill just call them and end up it getting sent back, not the end of the world really. Thanks though!

Advertisement