Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neutral Milk Hotel - Vicar Street - 16th May 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I've never been either but I hear it's a nice quiet spot. Is there a bar or smoking area beside the standing spot? Can you access them if you're seated does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭the blunder years

I've never been either but I hear it's a nice quiet spot. Is there a bar or smoking area beside the standing spot? Can you access them if you're seated does anyone know?

There is a bar to the left as you enter, not sure about a designated smoking area to be honest ,the bar is right across from the actual venue. The bar is accessible from all areas I would presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

leagues ‏@foggynotions 20m

to those attending: please don't bring cameras to Neutral Milk Hotel show tomorrow. band would prefer not to be filmed/photographed. cheers.

leagues ‏@foggynotions 20m

to those attending: please don't bring cameras to Neutral Milk Hotel show tomorrow. band would prefer not to be filmed/photographed. cheers.

It said it on the ticket as well, we're better off. I'd rather not have a sea of iPads and iPhones blocking my view!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭the blunder years

dutopia wrote: »
    I have a 'balcony standing' ticket. Anyone know what this section is like? Any restricted viewing etc?

Never been in the balcony, but I don't think there is any beams blocking views. Any more Vicar Street enquiries, happy to answer them all :D. Kind of jealous I'm not going, to those that are enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

dutopia wrote: »
    I have a 'balcony standing' ticket. Anyone know what this section is like? Any restricted viewing etc?

The problem with the balcony standing ticket is if you don't get a spot right in front of the barrier, it can be difficult to see if people are in front of you, unless you are much taller than them, as you are, in effect looking down at the stage, not up as you would be from the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Birneybau wrote: »
    The problem with the balcony standing ticket is if you don't get a spot right in front of the barrier, it can be difficult to see if people are in front of you, unless you are much taller than them, as you are, in effect looking down at the stage, not up as you would be from the floor.

If anyone has a standing ticket on the balcony, I find that standing centrally behind Block E, that the sound is very good there, that there's a nice full sound at that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

really looking forward to this gig! i'm not from Dublin and i've never been to Vicar St. before, what's the general are like at night? is it the kind of place you wouldn't want to be walking at night?

It takes about a 15 minute walk to the venue, on Thomas Street, from the Westmoreland St - Dame Street area up towards Lord Edward Street and High Street near Christchurch.

The Dublin Buses; numbers 13, 40 and 123, that pick up on O'Connell Street all stop at the bus stop on Thomas Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

how can a hotel perform a concert ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

how can a hotel perform a concert ?

The Doors are opening for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭VenomousFish

It takes about a 15 minute walk to the venue, on Thomas Street, from the Westmoreland St - Dame Street area up towards Lord Edward Street and High Street near Christchurch.

The Dublin Buses; numbers 13, 40 and 123, that pick up on O'Connell Street all stop at the bus stop on Thomas Street

cool thank you, i kindof know my way around dublin, and should be able to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

cool thank you, i kindof know my way around dublin, and should be able to find it

If you're having trouble PM me and I'll bring you over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Anyone know who the support band is?

Edit: it is Laetitia Sadier

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭surm00

Don't suppose anyone knows if there'll be merch there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

surm00 wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone knows if there'll be merch there?

wondering that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Can't wait for this tonight. So hyped!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Anyone know any good pubs near Vicar St.? Wouldn't mind a few pints before heading in as I got to Dublin pretty early!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Anyone know any good pubs near Vicar St.? Wouldn't mind a few pints before heading in as I got to Dublin pretty early!

I like the Lord Edward on Christchurch Place (but only if you're in a crowd).

Anyone know who the support band is?

Edit: it is Laetitia Sadier

Support sounds boring, think I'll pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Doesn't seem that busy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Tonight was just abit special. Great gig

Questions;

Did the support artist play with them on stage?

Did they play new stuff?

grizzly wrote: »
    Questions;

Did the support artist play with them on stage?

Did they play new stuff?

No to both as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭surm00

No to both as far as I know.

Was that long abstract sort of tune, and the one that followed, not new? I was sure Jeff mentioned it afterwards, could be wrong mind.

surm00 wrote: »
    Was that long abstract sort of tune, and the one that followed, not new? I was sure Jeff mentioned it afterwards, could be wrong mind.

Looking back I think you might be right, I think that woman was his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

The woman was Laura Carter, who was a session musician when they recorded In the Aeroplane Over The Sea

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

I'm 90% sure it was Astra Taylor (Jeff's wife).

http://conference.freepress.net/presenter/102892/astra-taylor

WatchWolf wrote: »
    I'm 90% sure it was Astra Taylor (Jeff's wife).

http://conference.freepress.net/presenter/102892/astra-taylor

Yeah pretty sure it was her alright, she's not bad at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

That was truly something. Did anyone see near the end of the last song before the chorus when Jeff seemed to stick his two fingers up at someone?? Anyone else see that? Thought it was curious .

That really was amazing though, Oh Comely was an experience in itself!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

That was truly something. Did anyone see near the end of the last song before the chorus when Jeff seemed to stick his two fingers up at someone?? Anyone else see that? Thought it was curious .

That really was amazing though, Oh Comely was an experience in itself!

I saw it, there was a guy near me who spent at least half the gig taking photos with his DSLR and iPhone and looking at a setlist from another gig. He barely watched the gig itself. It was very distracting, and annoying.

Someone else got a stern talking to by the security when they were filming.

Advertisement