Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIGHT LEG TURNING OUTWARDS

• 04-10-2013 7:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭

I started taking up running in February. I usually run 10k once a week on the treadmill. I had to see the physio a few months back because of sore knees and flat foot. I've noticed since I started taking up running that my right leg is slowly starting to turn outwards. I only used to notice this when I was in bed as it was starting to get uncomfortable lying in certain position.
    I did my 10k on Tuesday this week and since then I'm in awful pain. The right leg has to be turned outwards or else its very uncomfortable. It was very noticeable when I was driving today as the foot had to point outwards. My hip is in an awful bad way since Tuesday. I never had a hip problem before. I'm a 23YO male. Can anyone tell me who should I go see. A doctor? Physio? Chiropractor?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

**** them all off for the moment if you're only getting pain when you run. See a good weightlifting coach or S&C coach, or a physio on a good recommendation, and get your body into shape. My knees were ****ed from running until I started getting some basic strength training, now I rarely get pain unless I've covered 30km+ in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cgmd1

Your external rotators in your hip are tight, they externally rotate your leg, .ie they make your foot turn out.

Check out this video

It will show you how to release the muscles of your hip.

Advertisement