Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is efibre coming to Dromiskin, Co.Louth

Options
  • 04-10-2013 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi,

As per thread title, I live in Dromiskin and the cabinets in the area are served by the exchange in Castlebellingham.  Based on information on eircoms website this exchange is due to be upgraded to fibre in 2014.  Can you please tell me or find out if the cabinets in Dromiskin will be commissioned to provide efibre?

Many Thanks,
    Doney84

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

doney84 wrote: »
    Hi,

As per thread title, I live in Dromiskin and the cabinets in the area are served by the exchange in Castlebellingham.  Based on information on eircoms website this exchange is due to be upgraded to fibre in 2014.  Can you please tell me or find out if the cabinets in Dromiskin will be commissioned to provide efibre?

Many Thanks,
    Doney84
    Hi Doney84

I am afraid until the efibre networks team are certain a area or cabinet is set to go live for orders. Generally a few weeks beforehand we can not give a more definitive guide-line than that on the efibre website.

As work is continually ongoing the dates could always be subject to change.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

Hi,

Many Thanks,
    Doney84
    Hi Doney84

I am afraid until the efibre networks team are certain a area or cabinet is set to go live for orders. Generally a few weeks beforehand we can not give a more definitive guide-line than that on the efibre website.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.  I understand that as work is continually ongoing that dates could change.  Eircom rolling out fibre nationwide is a huge task but the question I'm asking is if my cabinet will be get fibre from the exchange in Castlebellingham.  As I mentioned, the Castlebellingham exchanged has been confirm as been upgraded to fibre so surely somewhere in Eircom there is information as to which cabinets connected to that exchange will get fibre ???

Can you please advise?

Thanks,
    David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Many Thanks,
    Doney84
    Hi Doney84

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.  I understand that as work is continually ongoing that dates could change.  Eircom rolling out fibre nationwide is a huge task but the question I'm asking is if my cabinet will be get fibre from the exchange in Castlebellingham.  As I mentioned, the Castlebellingham exchanged has been confirm as been upgraded to fibre so surely somewhere in Eircom there is information as to which cabinets connected to that exchange will get fibre ???

Can you please advise?

Thanks,
    David
    Hi doney84

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I've double checked this and I can confirm that efibre is coming to Castlebellingham in 2014. It's inportant to note that not all areas in [/font][font=Calibri","sans-serif]Castlebellingham will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing over the year but the cabinets done in 2014 will be going live then.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Unfortunately we are unable to offer timeframes or dates as to when specific areas within Castlebellingham will be efibre enabled. I wish I could offer you more on this however this information is not avialable.
    [/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif] 
    Thanks

Al[/font]

Advertisement