Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I instal a linux distro on my D drive

Options
  • 04-10-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have windows 8 but want to dual boot into a linux distro. My CV drive is a small ssd so I want to instal my linux on my D drive. Is this possible and how do i go about it. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If you have any data on the D drive you will need to repartition it into two drives and use the second one for Linux.

It would be wise to take a copy of all the data before shrinking the drive and creating a second one in the empty space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

The safest and easiest way would be the Windows Installer for Ubuntu (formerly known as Wubi).

Intsall Ubuntu like a Windows program. Just select the drive ( D: ) and size you want to allocate to Linux and Wubi will do the rest auromatically.

Advertisement