Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beat cobbler to get rubber on leather soles

• 04-10-2013 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Any recommend somewhere in Dublin? Recently bought a new pair of shoes however leather soles means wet feet. Anyone know a cobbler that does a decent job and doesn't put two inches of rubber on the soles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

s
    censuspro wrote: »
    Any recommend somewhere in Dublin? Recently bought a new pair of shoes however leather soles means wet feet. Anyone know a cobbler that does a decent job and doesn't put two inches of rubber on the soles?

There are several types of rubber sole. A full thickness sole usually goes on mens' shoes and some women's shoes only need a half thickness sole. Also a good cobbler will match the sole to the shoe - ie a black sole for a black soled shoe and a natural leather coloured sole for a natural leather colour soled shoe. Cleggs in Rathmines will do this. C&D shoes in Ranelagh is good as well.

A cobbler told me that posh areas are the best for business and it stands to reason - you'll get the best cobblers in established posh areas because the people there can afford to buy expensive shoes and they want to look after them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

censuspro wrote: »

Leather soles does not mean wet feet. Poorly constructed leather soles does.

Invest in shoes with a Goodyear welted sole and you'll never have wet feet issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Leather soles does not mean wet feet. Poorly constructed leather soles does.

Invest in shoes with a Goodyear welted sole and you'll never have wet feet issues.

Respectfully, i disagree. Loakes goodyear for me have resulted in wet feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Respectfully, i disagree. Loakes goodyear for me have resulted in wet feet.

Perhaps 'never' is too strong a term but the occurrence is greatly reduced.

Advertisement