Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chronic Ear/Eye infections

• 04-10-2013 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭

So in the last year and a bit my dog has had 3 cases of ear/eye infections, coupled with a touch of a chest infection/cough. Same ear each time, same eye each time. Obviously I have been taking her to the vets, but as it's now becoming chronic I'd like to tackle this another way. It's not working just treating the symptoms, I'd like a more holistic approach. Does anyone here know of any canine herbalists or similar? I'm based in North Kildare, but I'll pretty much travel anywhere once it's not stupid far!

Alternatively, anyone with floppy eared droopy eyed pets got any tricks up their sleeve?? I've heard of cool green tea being used to wipe out the ears.

She's just gone 10 years old, I'm feeding her James Wellbeloved (have tried her on Burns/Orijen/Robbies- she's not a fan!), and she is otherwise healthy bar a few lipomas.

a019b35b-3a5e-4a46-a345-8ad7e025fae7_zps8d5e9ae9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

DogsFirst had an article a while ago on their page written by a herbalist - she may be able to give you some advise? http://dogsfirst.ie/ciara-murphy-herbalist-and-some/ My dogs ears used to be mucky until I switched to raw so possibly there's something in your dogs diet that's causing it or something needs to be added to stop it. Poor dog - I have allergies which would include my eyes getting sore and it's really uncomfortable. :( Great pic btw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Rachel Kelly in Castledermot Co Kildare (google her) is an Equine Herbalist. I dont know if she 'does' dogs - you could phone her, Im sure she could refer you to a Canine Herbalist if not...
    Poor little chap - his immune system is probably compromised, if he keeps getting these infections - sounds like a good idea to try to prevent infections rather than 'just' treating them. Let us know how you get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Thanks guys, I'll try both these people out next week and see what they recommend :D

Advertisement