Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Closure

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RachealB

Its a shame its closing my daughter is in first year and loves it there. She was bullied in primary but a group of girls that go to Nessans school and she is refusing to go. Will have to look at moving her, but the schools said very hard to change as they are full... So we are stumped. I do not see why they have to move a school that they do not want to go with , if we wanted our daughters to go to Nessans we would have put them there first. I belive that in Nessans have some really bad apples and they made my daughters life hell. she has been crying since she heard the news. She is now saying she will drop out of school if we cant find alternative as she will not go there, with regards people that numbers are low, I think Nessans has about 350 pupil as St endas closed and they where put in Nessans. I am sorry but as a parent we should have a choice and voice. I don't want my daughter going to a school that is know locally as a place to go if you don't want to learn. I live next to this school and don't want her going there not a chance. Will fight for her and want she wants. This country is a joke all about money, no one has thought about the kids. What is best for them and there education.x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

the alternative to her going to Nessans (though I believe it will actually be a new school with new name, uniform, new ethos, patrons, etc) then your alternative is to either find a place now in another Limerick school or apply again next year as an incoming first year student and hopefully obtain a place in a different school. Alternatively, move her at the start of 2nd year when places do sometimes come up as kids move around schools.

remember too, no school is perfect and that all schools have bad teachers and all schools have bullies and bullying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭manna452121

Advertisement