Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping personal effects abroad

Options
  • 04-10-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Anyone got any idea how much it costs to ship personal effects from Ireland to Brazil?
    I'm thinking about 1 cubic metre which is the same as about 3 washing machines.
    Are there tax implications at customs on arrival?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TheCruiser

Was also wondering about shipping - but in my case from UK to Ireland. Parcelmonkey has been recommended to me by a few people as good value (no I have no connection to the company) but they may only operate around Europe.

I lived in the US for a while and as far as I can remember, shipping costs sky-rocket once you're talking transatlantic distances...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

Depends on what you are shipping etc.(Is it fragile). I shipped a load of stuff to my cousins in Australia, earlier this year. Paid for 1 pallet at 350 euro. There were some customs duties. Don't forget to check the customs website if you are shipping anything wooden etc.

Advertisement