Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGR Carto Tank; leaks like a sieve

Options
  • 04-10-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

So, after a month of ownership, I'm finding that my AGR Carto tank leaks like a sieve. It wasn't bad at first, but now, I just can't use it. Punched the Boge cartos myself, and it'll leak. Bought pre-punched cartos, it leaked. Half a tank would disappear onto the table within an hour or two.

Plenty of "give" when it's in the tank, so I'm pretty sure this is the reason for it, but I'm wondering; how normal is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Are you taking out the filler screw when replacing the top cap?
    I have the version 1 and it never leaked but then I got the v2 and it constantly floods and leaks!
    Not sure why, its either the bottom o ring is too loose or its an air pressure issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The filler screw is closed, the top cap is screwed on, and it leaks. Nearly 100% it's the bottom O ring, as it seems to have a lot of "give". I'm thinking the plastic bit is just gone, which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Got the Protank II on Saturday. Happy with it, and it uses a very tight T3s head system, so no leaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I have had trouble free vaping since July with an AGR, never had one leakage issue it any issues really that weren't my own fault. You must have gotten a faulty one. I consider the AGR to be bulletproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I had the same issues with cartos and the AGR. Just could never get it right with cartos I punched myself. Remove the filler screw when you're putting the top back on and only put it back when the top cap is totally screwed on. That worked with the prepunched cartos for me.

Have been using my AGR with the Sophia for the last 5 days or so and no issues when I add the screw afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Right lads here's what works for me with the AGR, I punch my own cartos, one hole, used to do 2 but started getting gurgling, use a cheap as chips carto punch from e-smoke ireland, a fiver I think, punch your hole on the opposite side to where the wire is coming out of the carto, when you get through give it another half or quarter turn and bobs your uncle. Unless you are using a very thick liquid one hole should be enough.

I've never tried filling it with needle nose bottles or syringes so can't comment on that. When filling firstly take the small filling screw off, then take the whole top off, fill it up, now when you are replacing the top leave the small screw off twist it on VERY slowly, when you are putting on filling screw then do the same. And I mean VERY slowly do it one little bit at a time, it should take you at least a minute to do each if not longer. If you take your time with this you should have no issues with flooding the carto, getting gurgling or leaking. If I am in the hurry and do this too fast I will get gurgling and sometimes leaking until I blow it out and then it's fine again. I have never had an issue with the AGR that wasn't my fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

I just love my agr! Using it for a good few month and not a single leak! I use it with lr boges with 2 holes that I punch myself. Make sure the carto is sitting tight inside the tank, if you can spin it, then just hold the bottom part of the tank with one hand and tighten the carto up with the other hand. This may be the reason of your leakage. Also I never bother myself with screwing the top part slowly and never had gurgling or leakage. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

the_syco wrote: »
    Got the Protank II on Saturday. Happy with it, and it uses a very tight T3s head system, so no leaking.

Leaks like a bugger on an airplane!!

Other than that, I like the fact that it all comes apart, so nice and easy to clean etc.

Great little tank.

Advertisement