Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Daughter is Going to Australia

• 04-10-2013 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

my daughter is going to Australia
    was working in Uk and got a solicitor in the uk to do all the paper work to get working visa as a nurse she sent over 30 pages etc what u needed to get in to the country but now at least six of these documents came back and there saying now they don't recongnise the solictor for these 6 pages ie that her academic transcript for 4 years in trinity college wasn't reconised by the solicitor who stamped them yet they reconised the other 24 pages and her exam results , letter from secondary school in BCS passport, but yet the other 24 was fine

he bascially had to sign and stamp that the pages that were sent was genuine as he sent photocopies ,but she got a email to say they look fine and would be in touch in mean time she has headed to Thailand route to Australia

i have been told now i have to get in touch with a justice for the peace , does anyone know this to be true ?

Her friend did similar thing but she got a email saying none of hers was accepted at all ,

any advice here really appreciated and what is the best to do at this stage

sorry i pressed the Submit button too soon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

I'm liking these new thread recently that don't ask for legal advice, or any advice, or indeed any question what so ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Is this a riddle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

It's strange that the rest of the documents were accepted & not her TCD academic transcript. I was going to suggest that if you have the originals to bring them & photocopies to your local Garda station & get them stamped there. Certainly some Australian Visa applicants have had documents verified by the Gardaí, but it seems that they are not specifically mentioned on their list. However, Solicitors are on the list, so who knows.

Perhaps they require the TCD documents certified in the country in which they were issued, though it makes sense that her skills/qualifications would undergo more scrutiny, as her particular visa category would more than likely require that she meets the skill requirements for her occupation as well as registration and licensing obligations. Anyway, you have to do what you have to do & it's all red tape & hurdles as with most immigration application processes.

cert%20docs.jpg

You would probably be better off getting a Peace Commissioner to certify them. Each copy of every page of the original document must be certified separately and must show clearly:

- The words 'certified true copy of the original'
    - The original signature of the certifying officer
    - The name and address or provider/registration number (where appropriate) of the certifying officer legibly printed below the signature.
    - Date.

Your local Garda station should be able to give you a list of Peace Commissioners in the area, who would not usually charge a fee.

If those documents are rejected you could use a Commissioner For Oaths (usually but not always a solicitor) who would usually charge a fee. If it comes to requiring this it may pay to ring around as fees can vary.

You might get further help over on the Australia forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1121 as a lot of the regular posters there have been in a similar position to your daughter. You may even want to request a mod to move this thread altogether if you don't get any useful answers on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭faolteam

Is this a riddle?

its not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭faolteam

i appreciate
    It's strange that the rest of the documents were accepted & not her TCD academic transcript. I was going to suggest that if you have the originals to bring them & photocopies to your local Garda station & get them stamped there. Certainly some Australian Visa applicants have had documents verified by the Gardaí, but it seems that they are not specifically mentioned on their list. However, Solicitors are on the list, so who knows.

Perhaps they require the TCD documents certified in the country in which they were issued, though it makes sense that her skills/qualifications would undergo more scrutiny, as her particular visa category would more than likely require that she meets the skill requirements for her occupation as well as registration and licensing obligations. Anyway, you have to do what you have to do & it's all red tape & hurdles as with most immigration application processes.

cert%20docs.jpg

You would probably be better off getting a Peace Commissioner to certify them. Each copy of every page of the original document must be certified separately and must show clearly:

- The words 'certified true copy of the original'
    - The original signature of the certifying officer
    - The name and address or provider/registration number (where appropriate) of the certifying officer legibly printed below the signature.
    - Date.

Your local Garda station should be able to give you a list of Peace Commissioners in the area, who would not usually charge a fee.

If those documents are rejected you could use a Commissioner For Oaths (usually but not always a solicitor) who would usually charge a fee. If it comes to requiring this it may pay to ring around as fees can vary.

You might get further help over on the Australia forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1121 as a lot of the regular posters there have been in a similar position to your daughter. You may even want to request a mod to move this thread altogether if you don't get any useful answers on this one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement