Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you/Can you transfer money from your BOI account to someone else's AIB account

Options
  • 04-10-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can you send someone a sum of money if you're with BOI but they're with AIB, once you know their relevant information? How do I do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

It's all on the website http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/product-queries/365-online-phone-mobile/money-transfer/

How do I register someone as a Payee?

You can add a payee to your Bank of Ireland 365 online profile in two different ways
    By selecting 'Add a Payee' from the '365 Home' screen
    or
    By selecting 'Manage Payees' from the 'Manage Accounts' screen
    • Enter all relevant payee details (must be within the same jurisdiction of the account you are paying from) and click 'Continue'
    • Confirm the payee details by entering the requested 365 PIN digits and click 'Continue'
    • The new payee will then be added to your registered payee list immediately
    [*]
    For security reasons, the status of this new payee remains inactive until you activate it. You require a security code which can be sent directly to your mobile phone or mailed to you by post. You can then activate the new payee.
    Once the payee is activated, you can then start making payments to your new payee immediately.

How do I register for Security Codes by Mobile Phone?

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/online-banking-demo/get_security_codes.html

How do I activate a Payee?

Once you have registered your payee online you will receive a security code to activate it (either via post or to your mobile phone depending on the choice made when adding the payee details).
    • Select 'Manage Payees' from the 'Manage Accounts' screen
    • Select the 'payee' that you want to activate from your list of registered payees and click 'Activate'
    • Enter the security code which was sent to you and click 'Activate Payee'
    [*]
    When you have activated your payee, you can make payments to this account immediately.

How do I transfer money?

In order to make a money transfer online or via your mobile banking app you must first register the payee account details online. Once registered, the easiest way to transfer money is to use 'Quick Transfer' tool located on the '365 Home' screen. For more information see the Transferring Money video in the 365 online demo.  
    Please note:
    Transfers between your Bank of Ireland accounts will reach the destination account the same day.
    Most domestic transfer requests will be processed so that the receiving bank will be credited within one working day, so long as the request is received by us before the cut-off time (see below). These timeframes are only relevant to transactions within the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA).
    Transactions outside the EU/EEA may take longer to process.
    Cut-off times
    Cut-off time for ROI - 3:30pm
    Cut-off time for UK - 4:30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Can you send someone a sum of money if you're with BOI but they're with AIB, once you know their relevant information? How do I do it?
    Hi HeartYou101,

The information Cushie Butterfield has provided you with is all you need to know in order to make a domestic transfer using 365 Online.  The link to the FAQs from the 365 online is also very helpful and may be able to assist you with future queries you may have. 

Thanks

Seán 

Advertisement