Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need quick how-to on PowerPoint

Options
  • 04-10-2013 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

I never did ECDL in school or anything but I picked up alot of the MS Office as I was tinkering about with it over the years. Now as a mature student in college, I need to know it basically inside out, they're teaching it to us but they've not gotten to PP yet. I'm alright with it but a really handy trick I've seen some of my lecturers use is with a click they can introduce text or images to a slide without it being a new slide. Just so I'm being clear, in slide 2 the slide is almost empty but its full of info and graphics with a few clicks and then slide 3 comes up. Does that make sense?? It's one aspect of powerpoint I've never figured out how to use and I've a presentation due next Friday and this trick would be so handy. Did I describe the problem well and if I have could somebody please tell me how to do it. I would be so grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

What you need to do is under the Animations tab select Custom animation. You then select the element on the current slide that you want to create an effect fot such as flying in, fade in etc. You do this for each element you want to have a seperate entrance for. As you do this they will appear in a pane on the right hand side (see screenshot). You can then re-order them as you want. Click on the down arrow next to each gives you transition options such as duration and how the transitions are triggered i.e. automatically or on mouse click.

274643.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

mordeith wrote: »
    What you need to do is under the Animations tab select Custom animation. You then select the element on the current slide that you want to create an effect fot such as flying in, fade in etc. You do this for each element you want to have a seperate entrance for. As you do this they will appear in a pane on the right hand side (see screenshot). You can then re-order them as you want. Click on the down arrow next to each gives you transition options such as duration and how the transitions are triggered i.e. automatically or on mouse click.

274643.png

Mate that's excellent. Thanks for that. Hopefully it works as well as it does in my head. Cheers

Advertisement