Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop - Wrong Colour

Options
  • 04-10-2013 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

So I bought a laptop today in DID. The one on display that I asked for was black, I said I liked what I saw and liked the specs etc. the guy start telling me about the exact same one for the same price, but better specs, as the one I was looking at was a slight older model and still on display. They gave me the better one for the exact same price.

Anyway, I was happy with that, said thanks etc. Had to rush out when I got home and only got to actually open the box at 11pm, only to see it was a white casing. I wanted the black one, as per the display which I asked for.

I'm very fussy about this stuff and not a chance I'd be happy using a white coloured laptop. I never turned it on, never even took the plastic off once I saw the colour, nothing inside was opened, the only thing that was opened was the actual box. I put everything back in as it should be, the only thing is, on the box where the little flap part is where you open it, that has been slit (obviously as I had to get it open). I was thinking of maybe putting tape over the slit and it should look normal and say I didn't open it at all. This is because the receipt says it is white in colour, I never read it until I saw the actual laptop - stupid I know, but I was rushing.

Or will I just go in and explain the above and they should still replace it for the black coloured one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

chops018 wrote: »
    So I bought a laptop today in DID. The one on display that I asked for was black, I said I liked what I saw and liked the specs etc. the guy start telling me about the exact same one for the same price, but better specs, as the one I was looking at was a slight older model and still on display. They gave me the better one for the exact same price.

Anyway, I was happy with that, said thanks etc. Had to rush out when I got home and only got to actually open the box at 11pm, only to see it was a white casing. I wanted the black one, as per the display which I asked for.

I'm very fussy about this stuff and not a chance I'd be happy using a white coloured laptop. I never turned it on, never even took the plastic off once I saw the colour, nothing inside was opened, the only thing that was opened was the actual box. I put everything back in as it should be, the only thing is, on the box where the little flap part is where you open it, that has been slit (obviously as I had to get it open). I was thinking of maybe putting tape over the slit and it should look normal and say I didn't open it at all. This is because the receipt says it is white in colour, I never read it until I saw the actual laptop - stupid I know, but I was rushing.

Or will I just go in and explain the above and they should still replace it for the black coloured one?
    You were sold a Black one and asked for a black one yet they actually gave you and charged you for a white one so they will have to replace it for you! THis is in no way your fault and regardless of what the receipt says you asked for a black laptop and were told you were getting a black one! sales person must have found out there were no black ones left and gave you a white one hoping you wouldn't bother bringing it back because of the hassle such returns can sometimes cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

foggy_lad wrote: »
    You were sold a Black one and asked for a black one yet they actually gave you and charged you for a white one so they will have to replace it for you! THis is in no way your fault and regardless of what the receipt says you asked for a black laptop and were told you were getting a black one! sales person must have found out there were no black ones left and gave you a white one hoping you wouldn't bother bringing it back because of the hassle such returns can sometimes cause!

Cheers. So you suggest stressing I specifically showed him the black one, said I wanted that one, and assumed I was getting one of that colour - the one I showed him.

I could be just getting in a huff over nothing, hopefully it's sorted no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

just tell them you asked for the black one but they gave you the white one.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    just tell them you asked for the black one but they gave you the white one.

Cheers. I'll be heading in tomorrow, I actually wouldn't use the white one to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Racist.

• Advertisement

Racist.

Trust boards to turn a thread about a laptop into a racism row, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Just go in and tell them you asked for the black one. Aslong as its not used it should be ok. :)

Zhane wrote: »
    Just go in and tell them you asked for the black one. Aslong as its not used it should be ok. :)

Not used at all, everything is still in it's plastic packaging etc, once I saw it was white I didn't go near it. The only thing is the little sticker is ripped where I had to open it, and I did indeed ask for the black one.

The only thing worrying me is that I showed him the one I wanted (the black one) but he said he had the same one (same make that is) with better specs - just some more space, ram, and slightly better processor, and he would give it to me for the same price, there was no mention of colour or anything, naturally I said yes. But, I would prefer the black one even if it isn't as good. I hope they actually do have the black one's left and it wasn't a case of they didn't have any more so he pawned me off with a white one hoping I wouldn't bother coming back like the poster above said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

They provided you with the incorrect colour, so you are entitled to a replacement with the colour you had asked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

chops018 wrote: »
    Not used at all, everything is still in it's plastic packaging etc, once I saw it was white I didn't go near it. The only thing is the little sticker is ripped where I had to open it, and I did indeed ask for the black one.

The only thing worrying me is that I showed him the one I wanted (the black one) but he said he had the same one (same make that is) with better specs - just some more space, ram, and slightly better processor, and he would give it to me for the same price, there was no mention of colour or anything, naturally I said yes. But, I would prefer the black one even if it isn't as good. I hope they actually do have the black one's left and it wasn't a case of they didn't have any more so he pawned me off with a white one hoping I wouldn't bother coming back like the poster above said.

Ah here... you haven't even talked to them yet, don't automatically assume that everyone is out to get you.

Just go back and explain that they guy gave you a white one and you wanted a black one.

Should be fine.

• Advertisement

It was changed no problems.

Advertisement