Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flats in Ashbourne?

Options
  • 04-10-2013 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks.

I'm looking to move out to Ashbourne in the near future. I've been out there recently and it looks like a town where it wouldn't be hard at all to find somewhere to rent, but I'm finding it really difficult. I can find only about 7 or 8 places advertised on daft.ie or adverts.ie, most of which are no-gos because they're looking for several occupants and I'm on my lonesome. I've phoned Tormley Lee and John Ryan and was told they had literally nothing available for rent right now, at all.

It's not urgent yet or anything, but are flats that scarce in the town or am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 HannahL

Hi, just saw your post.
    To answer your question rental properties in Ashbourne are in major shortage. It is also the case with properties for sale.

I live in a very small estate of 16 rented apartments. They are nearly never advertised on daft as it is usually through the ''grapevine'' that good properties are rented out in Ash.

The easiest to rent are probably Killegland apartments as most people do mind storage heating hence you will see them apts on daft now and again.

My advice for you would be to keep an eye on DAFT every day (when you decide to move here) and leave your number with the local estate agent.

Advertisement