Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 7 - Matchday Thread

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭fran38

Do ye think Soldado and Paulinho will go down in value soon? I just want them out and will sell now if ye give me the good excuse I need

edit: just saw that soldado has gone down .1 tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm assuming it was tongue in cheek...

I got bang on average 36, drops me back to 180k but happy with that. Could have been a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Watching MOTD and while Spurs didn't seem totally solid the first 2 goals are lucky ricochets and the 3rd was just special from Ravel M.

Townsend played rather well from my point of view, he's not the most FPL friendly player but maybe an assist or 2 in the next few weeks. Lamela came on and they conceded 3 so that's him out of things for a while yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

38 pts this week. Transfer was Vidic to Dawson... which paid off :D not in the expected way though :rolleyes:.

Rooney let me down big time. Boruc on the bench (with Mignolet on the pitch) is annoying. Can't say I didn't consider switching (with Southampton defensive form) but honestly I was seeing Swansea scoring. This is going to be a problem though, choosing the right keeper. Southampton great defensive record was not in my plan... :rolleyes:

Bar Rooney (whom I got in instead of... e.g. Lukaku) I'm not too bothered by this week score. It could have gone a lot worse today (especially with Ramsey and Tottenham attackers).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Watching MOTD and while Spurs didn't seem totally solid the first 2 goals are lucky ricochets and the 3rd was just special from Ravel M.

Townsend played rather well from my point of view, he's not the most FPL friendly player but maybe an assist or 2 in the next few weeks. Lamela came on and they conceded 3 so that's him out of things for a while yet :pac:

john hartson also reckons wilshire in time may be moved inside to take ramseys place once arsenal get walcott and cazorla back. We can only hope! Watching arsenal(ramsey) has got as bad as watching utd(rvp) last year when you dont have them in your team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Reading back it looks like my 40 not the worst. Thanks lads! ;)

What killed me was I had 30 from 5 yesterday and then 10 from 6 today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

roryc wrote: »

How is that even possible without any red cards or own goals!?

At 5 yesterday I was counting 6 bonus for Captain Suarez and 1 for Lukaku, so that was 7 off the total I had in my head. My players today scored 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i said i'd just log off yesterday, but i was too curious about the carnage that had ensued, so i had to look at my score.

1.3m in the world.

i literally don't know what I'm supposed to do anymore. in my 3 years playing i've never experienced anything this, even in my rookie year when I had no idea what i was doing.

every decision bar Suarez has gone pear-shaped, and even he got fúcked over this weekend. it's primarily my fault obviously, but it's nuts.

just mental.

I had a spell like that last season, couldn't seem to get anything right. You have two weeks off the game now, would recommend just avoiding it until the 19th!

roryc wrote: »
    I had a spell like that last season, couldn't seem to get anything right. You have two weeks off the game now, would recommend just avoiding it until the 19th!

oh, i've logged out, and i'm not going near it again until game day, and that will be just to pick a captain hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

It's probably just us, I've got red arrows in all my other leagues but greens in the two boards leagues, what does that say? (38 points)

I didn't see any football over the weekend except for the two Sky games yesterday that I saw live, I was with a group of lads at a family occasion, I'm a Spurs fan but had Luiz and Mertesacker in my back 4, I had to pretend to be thrilled when both lost their clean sheets, couldn't let them know what a sad bástard I've become with this game:o

Anyway with Spurs conceding 3 will AVB have his chance to "rest" Dawson now?

Same - red in every league bar boards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

SlickRic wrote: »
    i said i'd just log off yesterday, but i was too curious about the carnage that had ensued, so i had to look at my score.

1.3m in the world.

i literally don't know what I'm supposed to do anymore. in my 3 years playing i've never experienced anything this, even in my rookie year when I had no idea what i was doing.

every decision bar Suarez has gone pear-shaped, and even he got fúcked over this weekend. it's primarily my fault obviously, but it's nuts.

just mental.

It's been a weird season, but there are alot of average (and sh!te) players scoring really highly because pretty much all the kneejerk bandwagons have paid off in spades. Alot of casual players will just bring in whoever did well that week regardless of upcoming fixtures, and many of these players have been rewarded. That will not last.

There are a ton of great players who are in relatively poor positions. Players who never finish outside the top few thousand each year are lower ranked than you right now.

Don't worry about your position. 7 gws is nothing. If you are outside of the top million at Christmas, then worry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It's been a weird season, but there are alot of average (and sh!te) players scoring really highly because pretty much all the kneejerk bandwagons have paid off in spades. Alot of casual players will just bring in whoever did well that week regardless of upcoming fixtures, and many of these players have been rewarded. That will not last.

There are a ton of great players who are in relatively poor positions. Players who never finish outside the top few thousand each year are lower ranked than you right now.

Don't worry about your position. 7 gws is nothing. If you are outside of the top million at Christmas, then worry :D
    This is exactly it. I have tried to do the right thing......keep patient......avoid bandwagons.....avoid points hits.....I'm dropping further week by week.....1.3 million now.
    My son took an 8 point hit last week....cleared 50 points
    16 point hit this week cleared 60 points ...... I got 30 or so those 2 weeks......he is now in top 40000......my patience and interest are waning

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Finally checked my score got 36 points

Shaw not playing really wrecked my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

1.3m in the world.

just mental.

I hear you. In the same boat. I don't know what to do either. I've been saying it'll come right soon but I've been saying that since week 2. I'm doing the right things but getting all the wrong results. I've already done Rooney to Lukaku this week out of temper more than anthing else. I'll probably take another hit and bring in Oscar for either Brady or Barkley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

I see a problem ahead though. All those knnejerk bandwagons are going to net those average/sh!te players some serious bankroll for later on. In previous seasons the kneejerk bandwagons were out of favour in a couple of weeks and by the time the average player realised it was time to get rid of them their prices had fallen again.

i sat and laughed at some of the people that are beating me in some of the private leagues.

you are 100% correct too. we'll see where we're at come Christmas.

those ahead of me all jumped on bandwagons that kept going. a perfect example was this week. Lukaku is a great FF player. 100%. he went nuts against Newcastle, and I have no problem with people who had him for that. it was a wise move, and that is a perfect example of how the game should be played.

but then this past GW, players brought him in in droves. in essence, that's fine, as some would not have been able to afford the price rise, and also, he's the kind of player that you like to have. however, a ridiculous amount of people took out Giroud for him. some at a fúcking points hit! taking out a striker whose away to West Brom, for a striker playing away to City, and being handsomely rewarded was just crazy.

another one is Yaya. it made no sense that he'd be scoring as well as he is. he's scored 2 direct frees, and has scored 2 from corners. anyone who has watched him play will see he's not actually playing that far forward. the rewards for him have been totally out of proportion. fair play and all, but that's a bandwagon that really shouldn't have rewarded people as much as it did.

everything's all over the place. to be fair, the unpredictability makes the game more exciting in some ways, but it takes away a lot of the skill when it's all this messy.

well done to those who have adapted well to the weirdness, as some of us just haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

i sat and laughed at some of the people that are beating me in some of the private leagues.

you are 100% correct too. we'll see where we're at come Christmas.

those ahead of me all jumped on bandwagons that kept going. a perfect example was this week. Lukaku is a great FF player. 100%. he went nuts against Newcastle, and I have no problem with people who had him for that. it was a wise move, and that is a perfect example of how the game should be played.

but then this past GW, players brought him in in droves. in essence, that's fine, as some would not have been able to afford the price rise, and also, he's the kind of player that you like to have. however, a ridiculous amount of people took out Giroud for him. some at a fúcking points hit! taking out a striker whose away to West Brom, for a striker playing away to City, and being handsomely rewarded was just crazy.

another one is Yaya. it made no sense that he'd be scoring as well as he is. he's scored 2 direct frees, and has scored 2 from corners. anyone who has watched him play will see he's not actually playing that far forward. the rewards for him have been totally out of proportion. fair play and all, but that's a bandwagon that really shouldn't have rewarded people as much as it did.

everything's all over the place. to be fair, the unpredictability makes the game more exciting in some ways, but it takes away a lot of the skill when it's all this messy.

well done to those who have adapted well to the weirdness, as some of us just haven't.
    Your spot on there . Just checked all the leagues Im in which is about 10 and the players that are leading those leagues in nearly all cases have never had a top 100k finish. Things usually settle down after 10 gws but the start has been so unpredictable this year I think a lot of really good players could be outside the top 100k come xmas. Im delighted to be 100k considering Ive stayed away from yaya, ramsey and giroud.Opting for Boruc over mig with my wildcard 4 weeks ago and getting in lukaku before the newcastle game is the difference between 100k and 700k for me id imagine. The difference between boruc and migs points the last 4 weeks were totally unexpected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Your spot on there . Just checked all the leagues Im in which is about 10 and the players that are leading those leagues in nearly all cases have never had a top 100k finish. Things usually settle down after 10 gws but the start has been so unpredictable this year I think a lot of really good players could be outside the top 100k come xmas. Im delighted to be 100k considering Ive stayed away from yaya, ramsey and giroud. Boruc over mig the last 4 gws and getting in lukaku before the newcastle game is the difference between 100k and 700k for me id imagine. The difference between boruc and migs points the last 4 weeks were totally unexpected.

I've rotated between mig and boruc to my cost, to be honest I didn't expect palace to score and I brought in Dawson expecting a clean sheet. My week would have ok other then that. Putting negredo captain turned out well, tough decision now is on keeping him, city don't look too great away from home and they have the hammers next and Chelsea away after that. I'm keeping Rooney and giroud but barfa has to go, massive mistake buying him.

Might do negredo barfa out Oscar lukaku in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Whats the lowest score anyone here got? I only ask because I got 14 points from 9 of my players and was saved by Sturridge and Boruc, if for example I had Lloris and Van Persie instead I would have finished on 17, I assume there are people reading this who have done as badly if not worse on this absolutely terrible week. I know others have taken 8 point hits which would bring it to single figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Uninterested Orange

49 points after using my wildcard! Not great I suppose but keeps my score above average for every week which isn't too shabby! Green every league which is good too. Improvements are sure to happen quick enough but just too unpredictable this season to have a decent week and just no stability it may not even happen this season and the bandwagons may reap all rewards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

G1032 wrote: »
    I see a problem ahead though. All those knnejerk bandwagons are going to net those average/sh!te players some serious bankroll for later on. In previous seasons the kneejerk bandwagons were out of favour in a couple of weeks and by the time the average player realised it was time to get rid of them their prices had fallen again.

All is not lost!
    The one positive about these prolonged bandwagons is that it will be very hard to cash out on the likes of Yaya and Ramsey with rises of 1 million.
    Seeing a value of .5 higher than what they will get for selling them will cause a lot of people to cling on.

The best case scenario is that Yaya and Ramsey slow down and have the odd decent gameweek (but still lag behind other alternatives)
    I was praying for the two of them to go on a really poor spell, but on reflection that isn't ideal, if that happened prices would drop considerably and a sale would be all the easier.
    I hope that they are outperformed by others but that they do enough for people to have to hang onto them.

The big issue is that the may not slow down, it's more in hope at this stage for me.
    Even though they have never struck me as good FF options, I may be made to look a fool.
    Yaya is defensive but he gets the odd freekick and it only takes one burst up the field for him to get scoring points.
    Ramsey...well, he may just be turning out to be a really good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'd have little hesitation in cashing in on a player out of sorts where there is a 0.5m+ write off on team value. Just need to be sure of the next horse your backing and it becomes a no brainer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

33 points! meh!
    2nd week below average

gameweek_history.jpg

meh!

Whats the lowest score anyone here got? I only ask because I got 14 points from 9 of my players and was saved by Sturridge and Boruc, if for example I had Lloris and Van Persie instead I would have finished on 17, I assume there are people reading this who have done as badly if not worse on this absolutely terrible week. I know others have taken 8 point hits which would bring it to single figures.

One of the FFPL guys Retweeted a lad who's rated one of the best in the world, think he got 12 points. Confusing how anyone wouldn't have either Suarez or Sturridge this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

i brought in janjuzai for siggurson, not sure what to do maybe upgrading coleman to baines what ye think? in the top 2000 overall so is it worth putting 7.7 on baines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'd have little hesitation in cashing in on a player out of sorts where there is a 0.5m+ write off on team value. Just need to be sure of the next horse your backing and it becomes a no brainer!

Getting tempted to cash in on Coleman now, using my 0.3 profit, plus no more than half of my 1.0 in the bank. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

kevthegaff wrote: »
    i brought in janjuzai for siggurson, not sure what to do maybe upgrading coleman to baines what ye think? in the top 2000 overall so is it worth putting 7.7 on baines

Yes

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Getting tempted to cash in on Coleman now, using my 0.3 profit, plus no more than half of my 1.0 in the bank. Any suggestions?

Southampton defenders look good at the moment

Fonte is a name that's coming up alot I've seen. What about Lovern?

Although already have Boruc as one of my keepers. After last week have quickly learnt its very risky to have a keeper and defender from the same side playing in the same GW after Liverpool conseded to Palace, however Enrique has been one of the players on my list to ship out as well despite his creative moments.

Fonte is a name that's coming up alot I've seen. What about Lovern?

Although already have Boruc as one of my keepers. After last week have quickly learnt its very risky to have a keeper and defender from the same side playing in the same GW after Liverpool conseded to Palace, however Enrique has been one of the players on my list to ship out as well despite his creative moments.

Either horse is worth backing but remember that one is an international player and the other isnt.

Doubling down on Southampton at home wouldnt be the the worst tactic and if you werent convinced then you'd take either the defender or the GK out based on other fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Why get rid of Coleman now? His next game is at home against Hull, and Everton have a pretty good chance of a clean sheet, especially with Brady out.

Southampton have been doing really well. But what are the chances of keeping clean sheets against United? I know they're pretty crap right now, but still. And away, too.

1 fixture put you off what is likely to be a clean sheet goldmine this season?

• Advertisement

1 fixture put you off what is likely to be a clean sheet goldmine this season?

No, of course it wouldn't. I'm just wondering what the hurry is.

jma wrote: »
    No, of course it wouldn't. I'm just wondering what the hurry is.

no hurry, he asked a question and I answered it. Over the next 6 weeks, who is likely to keep more clean sheets, everton or soton? he could be right to jump now, he could be wrong. hindsight is an exact science!

ill be holding on coleman and look to bring in a soton defender to go with boruc for chester when I get the chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Got Clyne in myself last week and was planning on getting Dawson in as my next transfer but giving serious consideration now to doubling up on Southampton after they play United.

no hurry, he asked a question and I answered it. Over the next 6 weeks, who is likely to keep more clean sheets, everton or soton? he could be right to jump now, he could be wrong. hindsight is an exact science!

ill be holding on coleman and look to bring in a soton defender to go with boruc for chester when I get the chance

"What's the hurry?" was directed at Mint Sauce. I was also answering his question, not trying to make a case against the Southampton defenders. I have Fonte myself, and I'm also considering a Coleman to Lovren transfer, but that wouldn't be until after the break. Anyway, I was just giving my 2c worth.

LOL. Only thinking of shipping out Coleman.

Ben Arfa could be out first. Let him drop in value last night, as will still get back what I paid, and didn't want to make a change with internationals to come before the next GW incase of injuries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement