Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps vita or nintendo 3DS

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd find a cheap 1st model 3ds now, pick it up preowned for around 60, post it to death until the new year then get the new 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I've got both and really like both, maybe even more than my consoles at the moment.
    If I were to recommend one right now it would be a 3ds XL. It's got a lot more great games for it.

The vita is a great machine too but they seem to have stopped making any AAA games for it so it's basically only smaller indie developed games getting released for it at the moment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I do love the Vita but the best thing about it now is the trickle of older big titles for free from PSN+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭steve_r

Hi folks,

I've a bit of a wierd slant on this topic. Recently my brother needed to spend some time in hospital, so I gave him my 3ds. He needs time to rest up so he'll be hanging onto it untill the new year.

I've moved house and can't play my consoles on TV as much as before. A new handheld would be ideal.

Considering I've had a 3ds, I've half considering a Vita for a change in experience. Still love the 3ds but I might just hold off until I get mine back of the brother. If I get a ps4 down the line it could be useful too.

So am I wasting my time & money? would a 2nd hand DS or 2ds tide me over? As a side note I quite like going back to the older games so top end hardware not really a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I'm strongly considering getting a 3ds/3dsxl. Few questions, first of all is Mario Kart still popular on it? And are they making a new system/should I wait and get a newer one(if theres one in the works that is)

• Advertisement

I'm strongly considering getting a 3ds/3dsxl. Few questions, first of all is Mario Kart still popular on it? And are they making a new system/should I wait and get a newer one(if theres one in the works that is)
    If you have the patience and money is a concern then might as well wait but that's your own call. There is a new one already released in other parts of the world but won't be out till early next year over here it's called the new 3ds.

I never played mario kart 7 on it but considering how many copies of it sold I'd say there will always be people playing online right until they stop supporting online on the 3ds which will be a long time from now.

steve_r wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I've a bit of a wierd slant on this topic. Recently my brother needed to spend some time in hospital, so I gave him my 3ds. He needs time to rest up so he'll be hanging onto it untill the new year.

I've moved house and can't play my consoles on TV as much as before. A new handheld would be ideal.

Considering I've had a 3ds, I've half considering a Vita for a change in experience. Still love the 3ds but I might just hold off until I get mine back of the brother. If I get a ps4 down the line it could be useful too.

So am I wasting my time & money? would a 2nd hand DS or 2ds tide me over? As a side note I quite like going back to the older games so top end hardware not really a concern.

Well if your getting the 3ds back after Xmas get a vita they are great!

Advertisement