Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Daughter is Going to Australia

Options
  • 05-10-2013 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

my daughter is going to Australia
    was working in Uk and got a solicitor in the uk to do all the paper work to get working visa as a nurse she sent over 30 pages etc what u needed to get in to the country but now at least six of these documents came back and there saying now they don't recongnise the solictor for these 6 pages ie that her academic transcript for 4 years in trinity college wasn't reconised by the solicitor who stamped them yet they reconised the other 24 pages and her exam results , letter from secondary school in BCS passport, but yet the other 24 was fine

he bascially had to sign and stamp that the pages that were sent was genuine as he sent photocopies ,but she got a email to say they look fine and would be in touch in mean time she has headed to Thailand route to Australia

i have been told now i have to get in touch with a justice for the peace , does anyone know this to be true ?

Her friend did similar thing but she got a email saying none of hers was accepted at all ,

any advice here really appreciated and what is the best to do at this stage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Are the Transcript in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Which visa was she applying for exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

You have to get the documents certified as being real. A guard can do this for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Are the Transcript in English?

yes

Mellor wrote: »
    Which visa was she applying for exactly?

i will try and find the number

• Advertisement

ifeelill wrote: »
    You have to get the documents certified as being real. A guard can do this for you

they accept 24 but not 6 does a solicitor stamp not be sufficent and a Garda is

faolteam wrote: »
    i have been told now i have to get in touch with a justice for the peace

Who told you that you had to get in touch with a justice of the peace and is this for the purpose of have the document verified as being genuine ?

yes it is and it was the australian visa crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

"i have been told now i have to get in touch with a justice for the peace , does anyone know this to be true"

Doesn't matter ............easiest thing is if that is what they have requested go and do it. they are the ones calling the shots. Simple to do might cost a few euro but easier than creating hassle and arguing with them.......that fight you wont win

Is this for real?

• Advertisement

Is this for real?

????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Is this for real?

A red-tape virgin - how quaint.

oxty0.jpg

Hahahaha that one's for free :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

skippy2 wrote: »
    "i have been told now i have to get in touch with a justice for the peace , does anyone know this to be true"

Doesn't matter ............easiest thing is if that is what they have requested go and do it. they are the ones calling the shots. Simple to do might cost a few euro but easier than creating hassle and arguing with them.......that fight you wont win

Justice of the Peace is who usually who certifies documents and statutory declarations in Australia, I'm not sure if they exist in Ireland if they don't then a Guard is about as close as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

We had to get ours signed by a public notary in Ireland. Maybe that's what they are referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Justice of the Peace is who usually who certifies documents and statutory declarations in Australia, I'm not sure if they exist in Ireland if they don't then a Guard is about as close as you can get.

They exist in Ireland. The title was changed to Peace Commissioner. A local garda often operates in the role too.

The reason they accepted 20 documents but not the other 6 is probably because those 20 didn't need certification.

I assume this is for a permanent visa, in which case heading off en route to Oz before it was granted was pretty foolish. It could be months before it's granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

I'm not sure if they exist in Ireland if they don't then a Guard is about as close as you can get.

They do exist, local cop-shop can give you a list of local ones too.

faolteam, don't panic. Like Skippy2 said, this is their game, and their rules. When i applied for my own visa I had a request for more info, and "re-certification" of documents with an actual Peace Commissioner. Can't remember the details of why now, but it's no big deal, and you have a certain amount of time to provide the documents.

Stay calm and carry on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

A Garda cannot certify a document as being a true copy of the original, if you have managed to get that done, fair play, hopefully no one will reject it but....

While there is no statute in place in Ireland for certified copies, it is generally accepted that only a "person authorised to administer an oath" should certify a document as a true copy. Indeed guidelines issued by foreign agencies often specify this.

In Ireland this means a Commissioner for Oaths or Practising Solicitor

(For the avoidance of doubt a Peace Commissioner is not "person authorised to administer an oath" in Ireland because they cannot sign an Affidavit)

Advertisement