Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Crystal Palace 3 pm Setanta 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Hope we get a look at Alberto, Ibe and Ilori later on in the match if we're still doing well, games like these will help build them up for more first team appearances. No Martin Kelly on the bench today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Deadly in attack but our lack of midfield puts our defence under so much pressure. We just never look comfortable. Mignolet has been so important this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

darced wrote: »

Agreed;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Roll on the return of allen and lucas i say.

Would like to ilori and alberto should it stay the way it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

His mobility to leave huge gaps in the midfield that a better team would have punished?

Watch the screen not the back of the tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Havent seen the first half gents. Scoreline would suggest you are playing very well...?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Henderson is playing against Crystal Palace. Let that sink in... and I like Henderson and can fully see what he offers, before any fool says otherwise.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I would take Moses off, put Alberto in at 10 and drop Gerrard deeper.

• Advertisement

Palace are cutting through our midfield when they attack.

You are clearly watching a different game.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Havent seen the first half gents. Scoreline would suggest you are playing very well...?

We look suspect to their counters without a DM presence, but we look dangerous in attack. 3 or 4-1 would have been a more correct score going into HT in truth.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    We look suspect to their counters without a DM presence, but we look dangerous in attack. 3 or 4-1 would have been a more correct scoring going into HT in truth.

That's it in a nutshell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Alberto seems to coming on.

Gerrard is just a glorified quarter-back. Lucas/Hendo would be the best CM two at the moment and that is not terribly encouraging.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    We look suspect to their counters without a DM presence, but we look dangerous in attack. 3 or 4-1 would have been a more correct scoring going into HT in truth.

Nice one, cheers for that.

Just another one - more general. Thoughts on Mignolet so far? I know its early days but would you prefer Reina still there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Its just like 1996 :D Devasting on the attack but leaky in defence. Good display so far though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

If Lucas was playing instead of Hendo, Palace wouldn't be getting through as easy. But Lucas would be on a yellow by now and having to watch himself for the second half.

They're different players lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

The problem isn't Lucas, or Henderson. It's Gerrard. He shouldn't be cm, should be CAM imo but I think he has a big say in where he plays and he thinks his best position is cm. His poor tracking, distribution and mobility from that position will cost us badly with Lucas picking up most of the blame because its blasphemy to criticise the club captain.

Same thing happened first half of last season and me and you had the same discussion. Gerrard picked up his performances second half so hopefully he does it again.

Nice one, cheers for that.

Just another one - more general. Thoughts on Mignolet so far? I know its early days but would you prefer Reina still there?

Mingolet is going well so far.

Brilliant shot stopper. Not 100% convincing at crosses and distribution average.

Overall though, a very good signing.

No changes for Liverpool, early corner Sakho into the crowd.

Mig is a much better saver of goals and that's good enough right now.

How long did Sterling take to wake up to Sturridge then!?

• Advertisement

hefferboi wrote: »
    The problem isn't Lucas, or Henderson. It's Gerrard. He shouldn't be cm, should be CAM imo but I think he has a big say in where he plays and he thinks his best position is cm. His poor tracking, distribution and mobility from that position will cost us badly with Lucas picking up most of the blame because its blasphemy to criticise the club captain.

Same thing happened first half of last season and me and you had the same discussion. Gerrard picked up his performances second half so hopefully he does it again.

Agreed

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Mingolet is going well so far.

Brilliant shot stopper. Not 100% convincing at crosses and distribution average.

Overall though, a very good signing.

He'll probably only get better as well. From what I've seen he looks a decent buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sturridge should have just kept it there for the next 45 minutes.

The midfield needs surgery in Jan. Rodgers I'd imagine knows that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Can't praise Mignolet enough. Best shot stopper in the PL without a doubt. Could be better under crosses and with the ball at his feet, of course, but looks to be settled in perfectly and he's my signing of the Summer.

Enrique is so so slow

Better from moses today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

is mark bright on commentary doing anyone else head in ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not sure what to make of Moses. Great performance against Swansea, but since... patchy.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Better from moses today

Think he has been dire....didn't share the enthusiasm that some did at his signing though. But Couthino can't come back quick enough for me.

Sakho getting better with every game isn't he?

Grayditch wrote: »
    Not sure what to make of Moses. Great performance against Swansea, but since... patchy.

Should be off any sec.

Come on Brendan release the Alberto

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Think he has been dire....didn't share the enthusiasm that some did at his signing though. But Couthino can't come back quick enough for me.

For playing out of position (wrongly imo) hes doing a job, improved since the last game. Like you say coutinho cant come back quick enough.

Is Aspas on the bench?....could be a good game to build some confidence for him.

Enrique used to be faster than this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

great booking by lucas in hindsight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What an interception.

• Advertisement

Has Sakho lost a battle in the air or on the deck today?......I dont think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Has Sakho lost a battle in the air or on the deck today?......I dont think so.

He's doing very well today for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Whos playing center back for Liverpool, Toure and Sakho? Both are quality imo, immense improvement on the skrtel and agger partnership

nuxxx wrote: »
    Whos playing center back for Liverpool, Toure and Sakho? Both are quality imo, immense improvement on the skrtel and agger partnership

Tis a back 3 of sakho-skrtel-toure with enrique and sterling as wingbacks, the formation suits us.

Bring on alberto ffs

nuxxx wrote: »

Skrtel is playing too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

moses ,sling him

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Skrtel is playing too

and playing excellent it must be said.

Agger is gonna find it tough to break into that back four if im honest, but with Toure being no spring chicken then he will get to rotated im sure.

Liverpool need to freshen up the 11 - get on Alberto and then Ibe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Sakho/Moses off for Agger/Alberto

Perfect game for the Albatross

Agger and Alberto for Moses and Sahko, well you know what I mean

• Advertisement
Advertisement