Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish in Finland

Options
  • 05-10-2013 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm searching for Irish people living in Finland, or Finns with Irish ancestry. I'm working with a production group who will be filming a documentary for Irish Tv. We would love to find Irish people living in Finland to interview and discover their views on the contrast between society/culture in Finland/Ireland,or even just tell us their story! If anybody could help point me in the direction of any friends they have, Irish business, Irish bars, Irish Language in Finland or anything like that id be very grateful.:). Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭fits

I live there. Who is the documentary for. There aren't many of us in Finland... I know of two others beside myself in Eastern Finland and only met one of them, once.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thelonelybear

oh great you live there.:). Where abouts in Finland do you live? Yeah I dont think there are many people Irish people in Finland alright. We are pitching to TG4 and RTe for commissioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

I sent this link to a few former colleagues of mine.

There are about 14 Irish working in ECHA (European Chemicals Agency) so maybe you could mail the agency and see if they could put you in contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SuomiJohn

Hi,
    I reckon I would be one of the most northernmost anyway! I live and work in Rovaniemi, which is at the arctic circle ( Home of santa claus!). I have been up here for about four years now and have even built my own home (Carpenter by trade). I´d like to help you out if you would like anymore info!

John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

i think thats class how you build your own house in the artic circle .i would love to do that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 thelonelybear

Hi Pyridine
    Thank you I will do that, 14 working in one place is really good.

Hi SuomiJohn
    Thats so cool you build your house up there.:). Its does seem very northerly for us, But hey you never know though if we head that far north il definitely contact you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement