Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean Ireland

Options
  • 05-10-2013 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

I moved in to a rental property in July this year for which the previous tenants had Clean Ireland for refuse collection. The agency we are renting through called them on July 8th to take their bins away as we decided to go with another company instead. They told them this would take 6-8 weeks.

Those weeks passed and the bins were still outside. I called them myself and asked them to take the bins away as we aren't using them and neighbours were also putting rubbish in these. They told me 2 weeks again so I waited and of course no collection. I called them again and very clearly told them I want the bins removed, was promised a week this time.

That week has now passed and the bins are still here. My question is who can I lodge a complaint with regarding this company? I want these bins gone and they don't seem interested at all in picking them up. It's now been 3 months (12 weeks) and they have failed on every promise to remove them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just leave them on the street, tell the companyt so and that it is their responsibility form here on in. Just forget about them - it's not your concern .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Don't abandon the bins on the street. That's akin to littering and your neighbours won't appreciate it. Take them to the dump or give them away on Adverts or something else. But make sure to inform the company that are assuming ownership as they have effectively abandoned them on your property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

dudara wrote: »
    Don't abandon the bins on the street. That's akin to littering and your neighbours won't appreciate it. Take them to the dump or give them away on Adverts or something else. But make sure to inform the company that are assuming ownership as they have effectively abandoned them on your property.

I can't agree with this. The bins are the property of the bin company. OP cannot dump or give them away. You can't assume ownership if you keep them on your property just like that. I have a good friend who is a long serving litter warden and he says that as the OP did not pay any fees to have these bins, as they are the property of the bin company with no contract to OP, and as OP does not put anything in them, then any littering offence comes back on the bin company.
    Just my feeling on it but I'd certainly phone the company and ask them do they want me to dump them or abandon them on the road - their choice take it or leave it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

@Lily Tangy Coriander - You have obviously never had to manoeuvre a wheelchair or buggie around a bin or bins. It can be near impossible to move some bins because they are so heavy. OP please do not just abandon the bins on the street. Very silly advise.

I had a similar problem last year with a waste collection company used by the previous tenants. They gave me the run around for a few weeks - the usual 'we called and you weren't there'. The bin was at the front door, you couldn't ring the door bell without moving the bin! Anyway I made a complaint to my local CC and it disappeared a few days later. I can't say for sure if contacting the CC helped but in the end the bins were removed. Give your local CC a cell and ask for advice.
    Just leave them on the street, tell the companyt so and that it is their responsibility form here on in. Just forget about them - it's not your concern .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

OP contact your local litter warden or County Council and explain all that you have done to get the bins collected. they will contact the bin company and could object to their licensing if they cant operate in the manner they are supposed to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement