Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time

Options
  • 05-10-2013 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

i started using the E-Lites 30 (starter pack), yesterday. First time using an e-cig. Have a few small questions for any long time users of either these or any e-cigs.

I still smoke regular cigs, not as much i'm finding, i'm doing this hopefully until i become use to the E-Lite. Should I just switch fully and see what happens, if i take to them, what did the rest of you do ?

I find when i take my first puff from the E-Lite, it gives a 'pop' sound and shoots a large dose into my mouth, which makes me cough, but all drags after that are fine. If i stop for an hour and then go back to it again, it pops again. Is this normal for all all e-cigs ?

I bought the starter pack as it was priced cheaply, is the E-Lite a good make ?, should i stick with it and buy the charger and refills for it ? or are there better E-Cigs ?

p.s. I'm from Waterford, i bought them in City Square (Cards n Things), where else in the City can they be bought.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

johndoe99 wrote: »
    I still smoke regular cigs, not as much i'm finding, i'm doing this hopefully until i become use to the E-Lite. Should I just switch fully and see what happens, if i take to them, what did the rest of you do ?
    Try to switch. If it works it works, if it doesn't, buy a better ecig.
    I saw small ecigs on the internet, looked for reviews of them and everything smaller than an eGo (cigar-sized) had tales of failure, so I got an eGo kit.
    I find when i take my first puff from the E-Lite, it gives a 'pop' sound and shoots a large dose into my mouth, which makes me cough, but all drags after that are fine. If i stop for an hour and then go back to it again, it pops again. Is this normal for all all e-cigs ?
    That's the sound of the coil heating a saturated wick, most atties make that noise. Not all atties shoot the liquid (did you mean liquid?) into your mouth.
    I bought the starter pack as it was priced cheaply, is the E-Lite a good make ?, should i stick with it and buy the charger and refills for it ? or are there better E-Cigs ?
    It's a middle of the road cigalike, anything larger than cig-sized is going to be better and probably cheaper. Refills for cigalikes tend to be gouger prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

As Grindle says, go for a better kit and you won't know yourself. When I started vaping, I cut down to around 2 a day for a week and then took the plunge. Requires a bit of will power but it will work. Actually it might be even easier now with the current kits. Mine was a 510 kit......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I've been vaping for a month now, I found that once I committed myself and bought a good kit, I wouldn't go back to smoking after a few days. I also found that experimenting with different flavours is a help. I'm quite convinced I won't go back to tobacco.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

crappy ecigs while they open your eyes to something completely different to smoking and make you realise that wow this is actually pretty darn close... just aren't good / close enough.

I remember just last new years I was vaping for 3-4 months now and happy with it. However at a party I was on the lash and I had a drag of someones cigarette and oooh it felt good. I looked down at the ecig I was using and though pfft this isn't really so good as I lead myself to believe. After that I made it my mission to see what better e-cigs existed and if I could find one that could match or beat smoking just for the hit and satisfaction that one drag of the one cigarette did.

After a while I found something, it wasn't cheap along the lines of €200+ but wow does it blow clouds of vapour and hit like a train. I do even have a cheaper one which is less than €20 that's pretty decent (the technology has come along fast in the past year) but it's not quite as good as the €200+ one but still not so bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

StickyIcky wrote: »
    After a while I found something, it wasn't cheap along the lines of €200+ but wow does it blow clouds of vapour and hit like a train. I do even have a cheaper one which is less than €20 that's pretty decent (the technology has come along fast in the past year) but it's not quite as good as the €200+ one but still not so bad :)

in the past few days I've come to realize that the good ones are expensive, the E-Lite i have is just no good, it doesn't do the job to take away the cravings, I'm using it less and less.

One quick question? i like to have a smoke when i'm working with both hands, buts its impossible to hold the E-Lite in the mouth, too heavy.

Are all e-cigs heavy, or are there light ones, maybe similar in weight to a normal cigarette?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I don't think there's anything available that's light enough to hold between your lips, the do have batteries and metal in them in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

in the past few days I've come to realize that the good ones are expensive, the E-Lite i have is just no good, it doesn't do the job to take away the cravings, I'm using it less and less.

One quick question? i like to have a smoke when i'm working with both hands, buts its impossible to hold the E-Lite in the mouth, too heavy.

Are all e-cigs heavy, or are there light ones, maybe similar in weight to a normal cigarette?

I used to do this too and now never vape unless I take a break, I think that's part of the beauty if vaping, that you have to stop doing other things at times to vape. Makes you more conscious of it and I don't miss inhaling cigarette smoke on every breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Unfortunately

1) Ecigs that look like cigarettes are pretty much all piss-poor and dont satisfy the same as a slightly bigger unit.
    2) They all have batteries which will be heavy - there's just no way to get enough heat out of a really-tiny battery.
    3) Decent E-cigs that give you the best flavor, quality parts and craving removal are generally heavier and bigger.

Making the move to a non-cigarette style object will prove to be a better move in that you will get more hit and less craving and change the habit of how you smoke cigarettes altogether and move you further away from the physical habits of smoking, e.g. 2 finger hand to mouth action.

I used to be a demon for hanging a fag off my lips when I was working on the computer with both hands.
    However at a party I was on the lash and I had a drag of someones cigarette and oooh it felt good.

I had that experience on and off for about 3-4 years. I really "wanted" to use e-cigs, but the tech wasn't there yet, juices tasted god-awful (really, they did), and batteries needed changing 4 or 5 times a day and It wasn't until I got myself a really good unit(s) that the vapor, taste & throat hit I discovered was sincerely better than any cigarette I've ever had.

Change is good my friend.

Don't focus on the plus points of cigarettes or the inconvenience of ecigs (e.g. heavy, batteries and juice can run out!) focus on the plus points of a decent vape setup and make sure you have lots of spares so you don't have excuses to go back to the fags - trust me its the easiest thing in the world to do. If you don't want to accept the changes, and make excuses as to why you aren't using it, then your mind is already made up that you aren't ready to quit the fags.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Definitely 100%. Cigarettes and Vaping are two completely different beasts you can't find a Vapouriser that will replace a cigarette and do the things that cigarettes do. However with all the plus sides of Vaping you'd just be mad to smoke. Why on gods earth people smoke when there is such a thing is vaping I've no idea. It would be like if they made beer which had no hangovers and didn't give you a beer belly I'd never drink regular old beer ever again. :)

Maybe the Innokin AIO PCC or something similar would be the closest thing to a cigarette, but I'd still have something decent like a provari and a top quality atomiser for those times when you're sitting down and you really want a proper good vape and hit.

Advertisement