Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Everton - BT Sport - 12:45

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

SantryRed wrote: »
    Yeah, because spacial awareness can be taught easily. He's been directly at fault for three promising Everton attacks breaking down, think he's being overhyped due to being English.

Spacial awareness comes with age and experience. He was by far the best player on the pitch against Newcastle last week. He was involved in pretty much everything positve that Everton did.

Personally I'd have rested him away to City and brought him on later in the game if needed because I thought this would happen.

He's not being overrated though. He's being highly rated because he's played brilliantly in most games he's played this season, away at Norwich and away at West ham stand out to me as well as last week.

Again he's 19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Seriously dislike Neil Warnock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Silva was phenomenal all half. Put Aguero through on goal three times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Osman is also useless, is Pienarr still around? Enjoyable game, free-rolling thanks to Lukaku but a Baines free kick would be nice.

RasTa wrote: »
    Osman is also useless, is Pienarr still around? Enjoyable game, free-rolling thanks to Lukaku but a Baines free kick would be nice.

Pienaar is injured.

There's too much of a gap between the quality of Osman and Naismith and the rest of the Everton starting xi at the moment. They're really holding them back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

very dangerous tackle by milner on ht, and the two boys defending it , warnock was spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Some amount of cynical fouls by City in this game . Silva should be on at least a yellow

barone wrote: »
    very dangerous tackle by milner on ht, and the two boys defending it , warnock was spot on

I've come to the conclusion after seeing his punditry for the past few weeks that David James is mental.

Literally mental.

Against Newcastle, Lukaku was actually quite poor second half. he's started this second half similarly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Very soft. Ref has had a disastrous game, so inconsistent.

Ref is brutal. No way a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Tim Howard very unlucky there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Even worse is Halsey going along and saying it's a penalty when seeing it. I hate BT Sport so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

What an awful decision. I thought Zabaleta was some sort of hard man, pretty poor diving there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

titan18 wrote: »
    Even worse is Halsey going along and saying it's a penalty when seeing it. I hate BT Sport so much

Hate when channels have refs on, they pretty much always side with their fellow ref on decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Naismith, how does he get a game in a team that are trying to move onto a more structured, passing game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Corholio wrote: »
    Hate when channels have refs on, they pretty much always side with their fellow ref on decisions.

The worst thing is they switch to him to comment on decisions, and he always sides with the ref, its ridiculous.

Very clever tactics by City. they've found a weak ref and exploited him.

They've been so cynical but haven't been punished properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Will people berate Zabaleta like they did Young?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Footoo wrote: »
    Very clever tactics by City. they've found a weak ref and exploited him.

They've been so cynical but haven't been punished properly.

Give over. Ref is just dire.

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Will people berate Zabaleta like they did Young?

Why? He's no diver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Ah gway would ya, at least there are goals here.

Im not sure what point you are making. Its been a decent game but the City fans were very quiet from the start of the match until at least when I commented.

karma_ wrote: »
    Give over. Ref is just dire.

So city haven't been cynical? Every time Everton look to break they take them down,. silva did it twice and wasn't book. Zabaleta only booked just now after doing it all game.

Btw I'm genuinely praising them. They've got this spot on. Thoroughly deserve the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Naismith, how does he get a game in a team that are trying to move onto a more structured, passing game?

when I saw him in the lineup , i knew we'd loose , hes no place at Goodison , his level is the Championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Wow, so surprised that Halsey is criticising the ref this much. Just said he's lost the plot.

Job done. The defence handled Lukaku fairly well today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Job done. The defence handled Lukaku fairly well today.

Fairly well as evidenced by the fact he scored and could have easily had a penalty?

Blatter wrote: »
    Fairly well as evidenced by the fact he scored and could have easily had a penalty?

He shouldn't have had a penalty. Every time he was near the ball people were sliding in on him which was the right way to handle him. The guy is a beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sh*t and petty OP is like a lucky charm for City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

A good win. Nice to see Silva back and showing some class...Liking the look of the Negruero link up front. I was really anxious to see how Negredo would do when he arrived but he's doing very well indeed, playing well with whoever he's partnered with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

He shouldn't have had a penalty. Every time he was near the ball people were sliding in on him which was the right way to handle him. The guy is a beast.

So you are allowed shove players to the ground without consequence these days? That's what Nastasic did to Lukaku.

Blatter wrote: »
    So you are allowed shove players to the ground without consequence these days? That's what Nastasic did to Lukaku.

There was barely any contact, it would of been a very soft penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

There was barely any contact, it would of been a very soft penalty.

A lot more contact than the penalty given

There shouldn't have been any penalties given for either side really.

That's an issue for the referee to be honest.

Advertisement