Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Study space on Weekends?

• 05-10-2013 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My girlfriend recently started in UCC and she's finding it hard to find space to study on campus over the weekend, a lot of the college seems to shut down - so said I'd ask here.

Is there any library or reading room space open for study over the weekends and/or late evenings during the week? She's based on the north Mall but can go across to the main campus to study on weekends.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The timetable for building hours is here. I used to study in the O Rahilly building adjacent to the library.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Fabio

Library should be open for some hours. The Campus Kitchen in the bottom of the Kane Building is open too I think. The SU education officer used run that I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

The Library appears to be closed again this Sunday judging by the website. Any idea when it might be open on Sundays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Use the computer lab in the Food Science Building, nobody knows it's there so it's always empty, even on weekdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    The Library appears to be closed again this Sunday judging by the website. Any idea when it might be open on Sundays?

Usually for a few weeks around exams.

• Advertisement

pow wow wrote: »
    Usually for a few weeks around exams.

figured as much :(

Saturday is enough for me anyway at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

yenom wrote: »
    Use the computer lab in the Food Science Building, nobody knows it's there so it's always empty, even on weekdays.

that the one in the front of the building near the road? Gonna try that- thanks

went to food science building theres no guide to where computer facility is- what floor is it on does anyone know?

The library appears to be open until 5pm today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭kellogscoffey

"Kampus Kitchen is open as a weekend study space from 9am-10pm on Saturday and Sunday. There are WiFi facilities and this will remain open throughout the year including Bank Holidays.

We would ask all students who avail of this facility to respect other students right to a quiet study space."

That's from the Collegeroad.ie facebook page :-)

• Advertisement

"Kampus Kitchen is open as a weekend study space from 9am-10pm on Saturday and Sunday. There are WiFi facilities and this will remain open throughout the year including Bank Holidays.

We would ask all students who avail of this facility to respect other students right to a quiet study space."

That's from the Collegeroad.ie facebook page :-)

It can be a bit zoo-like in my limited experience, a great option though for plain old fashioned studying with a book and paper.

The library was outrageously loud yesterday:(

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    It can be a bit zoo-like in my limited experience, a great option though for plain old fashioned studying with a book and paper.

The library was outrageously loud yesterday:(

annoying enough theres security staff at the door and no one to stop people from talking. In my experience brookfield has always been quieter- prob becos its mostly medical students

Dave47 wrote: »
    went to food science building theres no guide to where computer facility is- what floor is it on does anyone know?

bump for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

As per Yenom the lab is on the 4th floor of food science.

Advertisement