Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picket outside Dannys

Options
  • 05-10-2013 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Was passing last night, there was three girls outside with plackerds Anyone know what this is about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

They were there for a good few hours. Drove past them twice. Signs all said "strike on"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

They were holding a sign saying 'unfair dismissal' too, so I guess that's what's behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

so that would explain there new account on just eat place must have changed ownership!! must say food in there was muck anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

where's Danny's? I think its a chipper, am i right or am i wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Chipper on barrack st.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

gosh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

Any time I ate there I thought it was excellent. Especially the chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

They posted on their fb about new management coming in and firing staff even though there was an agreement with the sale to keep them on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Fascist's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

communists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Its good to see the staff sticking together especially when the chips are down.

I passed there late last night and the picket was down, I suppose after a full day of it they were gasping and went off on the batter

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭sonyvision

The picket was over unfair dismissal my a member of staff,

The new owner had the staff member clean his apartment or she would be fired !!

I really liked dannys and would have been there often enough, but since the new manager has taken over 3.60 for a large chip you have to be kidding like ?? Smaller fish, frozen chicken, kids running around the kitchen area <<<, seen that myself he was even scooting around on a bike between the equipment,

I personally wouldn't go near the place any more as all the original staff apart from 1 person has been forced to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

sonyvision wrote: »
    The picket was over unfair dismissal my a member of staff,

The new owner had the staff member clean his apartment or she would be fired !!

I really liked dannys and would have been there often enough, but since the new manager has taken over 3.60 for a large chip you have to be kidding like ?? Smaller fish, frozen chicken, kids running around the kitchen area <<<, seen that myself he was even scooting around on a bike between the equipment,

I personally wouldn't go near the place any more as all the original staff apart from 1 person has been forced to leave

The staff were greasier than the chips in that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 junglejim1

Sorry to hear about this.
    Went there regularly always found the food tasty and the staff efficient and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

My mate used to tell women that I owned Danny's (because my name is Danny). Got me a couple of shifts back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

TheVandal wrote: »
    My mate used to tell women that I owned Danny's (because my name is Danny). Got me a couple of shifts back in the day.

I tried the same thing but it never worked for me :(:(:(

Advertisement