Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys online shopping/delivery experience

Options
  • 05-10-2013 2:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi

People usually post when there's an issue but for a change I thought that I'd relay a positive experience.

I bought a dishwasher this week online from Currys. They were €60 cheaper than Power City with free delivery and a cheaper installation charge.

The delivery and installation team were exceptional. I was advised of the delivery date by email. Then I received a voicemail confirming a four hour window and the promise of a call 30 minutes before delivery. I received two calls - A heads up an hour before and then one a half an hour before.

The guys were brilliant. Our old dishwasher leaked when disconnected. They helped to clean up and brought it out an alternative way to protect our carpets etc.

Good value, efficient and professional. A great experience.

Thank you Currys.

I have no connection with this company.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It is good that you received such good service from Currys, but bear in mind the issues most people have with them are usually when something fails or goes wrong in some way.

Currys like many other companies have serious trouble recognising that Irish consumers have rights guaranteed by the Sale of Goods Act and some even lie to customers and tell them they must go through the manufacturer and claim using their warranty or telling people who have not bought their extra paid for insurance that they have no rights to any repair, replacement or refund when something fails through poor quality or workmanship etc.

Advertisement