Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Forcing A New Contract

• 05-10-2013 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi. I got Vodafone home broadband installed 9 months ago. The contract states it is for a minimum of 12 months.

I'm moving house next month. I contacted them and asked what the situation is regarding moving house. In their reply they stated that I could move my package but I have to enter into a new 12 month contract. I asked them what part of the contract allows for this. In their reply they simply repeated that I must enter into a new contract.

I'm just wondering what's going on here? For the record, I'm not trying to get out of paying them. I want to take the package with me to my new house and complete the contract. I just don't want to enter into a new one with them. A basic reading of the situation would suggest that the contract has become frustrated, but I'm sure it's not as simple as that.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Frustration denotes something beyond the control of the parties; a monarch not being crowned, a venue burning down etc. Legal advice can't be given here but Vodafone are being far from unreasonable in this situation. If you don;t want to enter into a new contract why not simply pay the remaining three months and sign up with what ever provider it is you want to go with at your new address (presumably with a new twelve month contract).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Why not read the contract and see what it says about moving home.

If you've a verbal contract, ask them for a copy of the recording, listen to it and see if you agreed not to move

Advertisement