Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly costs for home broadband, non-fibre ?

• 05-10-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Paying c.€118 every bill (2mths)with Eircom and using c.45-50GB/mth according to Eircom's stats ( my allowance is 30GB )

Any better deals for someone in the sticks on DSL? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

I tried Bonkers before and got the same 'result' :mad:
    In total there are 1 broadband providers in ********. They include Vodafone. :confused:

Vodafone provide the fastest broadband in ***** at a speed of 70Mb. A connection of this speed is perfect for online gaming or streaming movies from YouTube. The average broadband speed in Ireland is 1.5Mb.

The cheapest broadband in ****** is provided by Vodafone at a cost of €30.00 per month. The speed of this package is 70Mb, which is suitable for basic web browsing and email.

Many broadband providers include wireless routers in their broadband packages. A wireless router will allow you to browse the Internet in your home without cables and is ideal if your primary computer is a laptop.

Did you know that there are up to 5 ways :confused: to get Broadband in ******, ? These are Cable TV, Satellite, 3G mobile, DSL (over your phone line) and Wireless (for example, WiMax

Bonkers is telling me ONLY Vodafone do broadband / phone to my phone line, 'The speed of this package is 70Mb' but yet I'm with EIRCOM :confused::mad:

So much for Bonkers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Why the hell are you still on the limited package? Get the unlimited version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

From Eircom , or Vodafone :confused:

Vodafone would be a bit cheaper seeing as I only need b/band (who uses landlines these days :rolleyes: ), and there's an element of 'up your's' to Eircom who were happy to 'overcharge' me as long as they could but are now panicking with 4G coming along. Eircom keep cold calling but when I ask them to put the details in an email nothing happens :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Vodafone mobile customers can get broadband only for €32 a month with unlimited downloads (fup) or €35 a month if you are not a VF mobile customer.

http://www.vodafone.ie/home-phone-broadband/simply-broadband-max/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

ED E wrote: »
    Why the hell are you still on the limited package? Get the unlimited version.

^This. Are you getting overcharged due to going past "a limit". There should be no limit anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Wtf. Move to vodafone broadband only 32 euro a month and you still get a phoneline just no call package...

No brainier plus its unlimited.

Advertisement