Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

intermittent audio blips...

• 05-10-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if many more people are suffering from intermittent audio blips from their horizon box. Previously i only noticed it after having the box on for an hour or two - now it can happen any time on live tv or recorded programmes. On some recorded programmes i've gone back and played back over the section where there was a blip and it will play back fine.

I've followed some support staff recommendations - ac3 output is disabled. changed hdmi cable (that one bugged me most - there was nothing wrong with the cable and have given no issues on the appletv).. now i've resorted to a toslink cable for audio... but the intermittent blips still occur

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kneelo77

I had same issue. If you have a NAS device, unplug from network it to see if it resolves. I had issues with the horizon box "scanning" of my NAS media. Audio kept clipping a dropping. This is only one of the many issues I'm currently having :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

cheers i'll try that,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Happens me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Came on here to ask about the same issue. Just unplugged the cat5 from the NAS and it stopped the problem immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

so far so good, removed the media server software from the NAS so the horizon box can no longer see the nas... and haven't had an issue with audio blips to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

I have had the same issue but I have no idea what you guys are talking about?

What's a NAS?
    What's a cat5?

ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

A cat5 is a standard network cable.
    A NAS is a network attached storage device (basically a HD accessible via a network.

The cure for this problem isn't really satisfactory as with the NAS disconnected I can't access my music on my sonos player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

PaulieC wrote: »
    A cat5 is a standard network cable.
    A NAS is a network attached storage device (basically a HD accessible via a network.

The cure for this problem isn't really satisfactory as with the NAS disconnected I can't access my music on my sonos player.

Cat 5 is a cable spec. Not necessary a network cable. It needs a rj45 at the end to make a network cable/ patch lead

Advertisement