Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prem Prp CS6 not reading .mts

Options
  • 05-10-2013 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

I have a panasonic HD cam that generates .mts files. However, Adobe Prem Pro CS6 does not recognise this format. Rather than degrade the 1080p files through converting, is there another way that I can get CS 6 to work? Can I import the relevant codec to CS6 or if I download a codec pack will CS 6 detect it?
    solutions & thoughts welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

mts files contain next to no metadata, I believe you need to copy the entire contents of the cameras storage onto your computer as the meta data is stored somewhere in the actual folder structure. If you transcode your footage to something like DNxHD you wont necessarily be degrading the footage at all, so if the first part doesn't work you should try transcode.

Also try using the "Import media" option in premiere; rather than just dragging the footage in. This should hopefully force premiere to look for the meta data about your footage and then allow it to actually be imported.

Are you getting an error like this format is not recognised, or just no sound or no video?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭mrtom

The format is not recognised.
    thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

I use a canon hd camcorder and my Prem pro cs6 recognises mts files. I downloaded a whole pile of video and audio codecs, had the problem at the start, but after downloading the codecs from Filehippo and installing them, the problem was fixed. Haven't looked back since.

I use a canon hd camcorder and my Prem pro cs6 recognises mts files. I downloaded a whole pile of video and audio codecs, had the problem at the start, but after downloading the codecs from Filehippo and installing them, the problem was fixed. Haven't looked back since.

Sounds promising, which particular codecs ?

I currently have the following installed on this machine:

Adobe Air
    Adobe Flash Player 11 plugin
    Latest version of Quicktime.
    K-lite mega codec pack 9.8.0, check for latest versions of all. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

I currently have the following installed on this machine:

Adobe Air
    Adobe Flash Player 11 plugin
    Latest version of Quicktime.
    K-lite mega codec pack 9.8.0, check for latest versions of all. Hope this helps.

thats the detail I needed, cheers!

Well, after the K Liite install, now CS6 Prem pro is now detecting the .mts file but no audio. meta data on file structure issue I read.
    thoughts...?

That's strange. Try the Mega version of K-lite, there is a mega version and a lite version too. And in the settings, make sure all the audio formats are ticked. I would also do the same for Quicktime, make sure all the audio formats boxes are ticked in the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I have .MTS files created by a Sony RX100.

I want to use the very basic video editing features of Photoshop CS6 to experiment with them - I am pro stills photographer by profession, but video is totally new to me.

I imported everything from the memory card, but like mrtom, I too have only visual on playback in CS6, no audio.

Talk of codecs is Dutch to me. Could someone please walk me through it?

Also, is there anything out there in terms of cheap (or free) editing software that doesn't have too steep a learning curve?

Many thanks.

D.

Advertisement