Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Urgent** Vet needed in D15/Blanchardstown

• 05-10-2013 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

One of my landlords cats has been hit by a car and his rear right leg appears to be broken. Our regular vet (Hillcrest Veterinary Hospital) is closed so I need to know if there are any other vets open in the area.

Any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

http://anicare.ie/our-locations/blanchardstown-veterinary-hospital/

http://www.caravetgroup.com/Directions_to_vet_in_Blanchardstown/Default.1142.html

Not sure if they are open but they should at least have a vet on call.

Edited: Anicare closed at 4.30 and Cara don't close until 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Thanks. Got a call back from the message we left on the voicemail for Hillcrest vets emergency number. They'll treat him tomorrow morning. so just have to make poor Shadow as comfortable as possible until then.

Not enough time to get to Cara unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Thanks. Got a call back from the message we left on the voicemail for Hillcrest vets emergency number. They'll treat him tomorrow morning. so just have to make poor Shadow as comfortable as possible until then.

Not enough time to get to Cara unfortunately :(

A cat that has been hit by a car would need to be seen today as an emergency. He could have internal injuries and would need painkillers. All the vets mentioned above have an emergency number for the vet on call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Can't say I'm shocked that they said that.

I would ring the other two though, they will have a vet on call for emergencies, there's no way I'd be leaving it until the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Toulouse wrote: »
    Can't say I'm shocked that they said that.

I would ring the other two though, they will have a vet on call for emergencies, there's no way I'd be leaving it until the morning.

Me neither having had prior dealings with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Anicare would def have somebody on call. I use the Glasnevin one and the vet was still there an hour ago - they park at the top of my road ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

Just to echo others, please find an emergency vet on call. The cat could die from shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Any news on the cat? Hope the poor little thing is ok

Advertisement