Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education Alowence and working in summer?

Options
  • 05-10-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi.
    I've been on back to education allowence for the last year and a bit (starting last year in a FETAC and now in my first year of a four year degree). I was offered a 15 hour contract in a place I used to work at two years ago and I'm inclined to take it but I have some concerns.
    1. Will it affect my BTEA?
    2. Will it affect it over the summer?
    3. Will it affect my BTEA next year?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a bit worried about losing money that I survive on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

This says you can work part time

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/BTEA-Frequently-Asked-Questions.aspx

I'm fairly sure the answer is
    1 no
    2 you have to apply for jobseekers during summer
    3 no

But maybe ring them and ask

These are the DSP BTEA telephone numbers

Tel:(071) 967 2616
    Locall:1890 927 999

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement