Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Specific Crafts new business permission application

• 05-10-2013 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

For non-EEA Writers, Artists and Crafts persons seeking to start a new business in Ireland, the regs state that they're "not subject to the capital or employment requirements but must demonstrate clearly that they are well known/internationally renowned in their chosen field and are in a position to fully support themselves from income from their chosen craft without recourse to alternative employment and/or social assistance."

Has anyone ever done this, and can elaborate or point to a template for what the documentation needs to look like? For an artist blacksmith, or photographer, for example. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

I do work in the area of immigration permissions, I have never seen such an application. First you need to show a person is renowned in the craft, should be easy to do, second the income test will have to show they can support themselves and family with the income from their craft, a writer this may be easy if the person can show royalty payments or contracts, for a craft blacksmith previous years accounts. Only guessing but for a single person will need to show an income of greater than €20k a year, I base that on recent figures I have seen in relation to non EEA parents wishing to join children, if I remember correctly they need to show independent means of 25-30k a year.

The application is to INIS rather than Enterprise so expect it to be a long road, unless the person is famous and earning lots of dosh.

Advertisement